I´m slowly working my way to the cockpit...no there yet but soon.

Today´I put on the static dischargers....you already know how I did that with the F-2 build but if you don´t remember I´m throwing in a linky

to that build.

LINKY

Anyways They´re made of piano wire and and they´re still a bit long but I´ll deal with that right before priming.

here´s the pics of those anyway.

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

Then I closed the air intake, I´ve only glued on the inside so far, I´ll glue the outer seams when I´m installing it in the fuselage.

Just a precaution to avoid steps and nasty cracks when I´m joining the parts to the fuselage.

DSC00850.jpg

Oh and I´ll paint the airduct and wheel well before I install them in the fuselage :blink:

DSC00851.jpg

Time for a Sufa specific part...the spine. Just aligned it and glued it on without much fuzz.

It´ll need some putty after my dremel treatment eralier when I removed it from the casting block...

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

Even tho Isracast supplied some PE for instrumentation in the cockpit, they didn´t give me any dials or anything.

Since thgis will be an open cockpit something had to be done...

Luckily I still had the dial film from the Viggie to help me out. Good thing I don´t throw anything away :shoot:

DSC00856.jpg

And here are loads of parts awaiting priming....

DSC00857.jpg

Soon I´ll get around to priming things...and to start messing about with the cockpit.

Cheers!

Great work so far!! Love i! Keep on the good work!

Thanx Icarus :)

Looking GOOD! It all ties in together with the paint work. Looking forward to that part!

-Al :thumbsup:

Thanx Al :blink:

I´m too!! but that´s so far beyond the horizon yet that I can´t think that far ahead

Cheers!

I´ve started detailing the cockpit... and well, I need more refs!

There are a wealth of pictures of the instrumentation and the IP...but I want pics of what´s behind the seats both in the front and the rear tub!

I want to see cables, pistons, actuators all those yummie things that are hidden by a seat. And specially of the rear tub.

I´ve searched high and low and just found some low res pics that doesn´t show me enough details.....so if anybody´s got loads of cockpit shots of a F-16D or a F-16I I´d be grateful! (or if you happen to have one close by, run along and take a few quick ones from the rear of the cockpit tubs!)

Cheers!

I´ve started detailing the cockpit... and well, I need more refs!

There are a wealth of pictures of the instrumentation and the IP...but I want pics of what´s behind the seats both in the front and the rear tub!

I want to see cables, pistons, actuators all those yummie things that are hidden by a seat. And specially of the rear tub.

I´ve searched high and low and just found some low res pics that doesn´t show me enough details.....so if anybody´s got loads of cockpit shots of a F-16D or a F-16I I´d be grateful! (or if you happen to have one close by, run along and take a few quick ones from the rear of the cockpit tubs!)

Cheers!

I´m quoting myself here..... please anyone? :cheers:

I´ve finally got hold of some ref pics and started detailing a bit :blink:

But I first I started with the sidewalls in the cockpit.

I dryfitted the cockpit tubs and marked with a pencil where the sidewals will go...

DSC00865.jpg

Then I pressed a piece of plasticard, hard, to where I had drawn. That left a trace on the plasticard that I then could cut after.

I put numbers on the pieces to keep track of what goes where.

DSC00866.jpg

Well then I just went at it with plasticard of different sizes...

This is the right side wall in the pilot tub...

DSC00868.jpg

On the lefthand side there should be throttles attached, I took the existing gawa ones and added some buttons with warm drawn sprue.

Heh, looks like a couple of porcupines before I cut the sprues :)

DSC00885.jpg

With some PE from the IsraCast set I even got the left side wall into shape....didn´t take any violence at all.

DSC00888.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

And then i wnet on with the rear tub side walls ...

DSC00890.jpg

On to an area where I didn´t find that much refs....I got a few good pics from Marlin, and I tried my best...

if you see any very obvious mistakes, just give me a yell.

The monitor on top of the IP cowling is from the IsraCast set and the handle is made from piano wire. The canopy opening piston is detailed with

pieces of rockets from my old Hawker Hunter...

Wires and cables in a little nest of worms :beer4:

DSC00892.jpg

Now I need some fooood.... Kinda forgot to eat :P

Cheers!

First, I think you are doing great work, and I sort of hesitate to bring this up. I thought I should pass along some info for future reference, or in case someone else uses this build as a guide. Isra made the spines on their conversions too short. I discovered this while doing their 1/32 conversion, which is also too short. I confirmed this using the Isra F-16I Sufa book. Ironic I know. I know it probably too late to correct it on this build, which is not to detract from it in any way. Here are the pics pointing out the shortness, and one of my 1/32 conversion with it in the correct place. I had to add 3mm in length to the spine on mine to get everything to line up. The 2 lines I point to I believe are a panel that lines up with the fuselage access panel over the 20mm cannon. This would have to line up, otherwise they couldn't access the ammo drum and other parts of the cannon without removing the spine. Also, the refueling door will be too far back as well, and wouldn't line up with the one on the fuselage.

sufaspine1.jpg

sufaspine2.jpg

My corrected 1/32 conversion

sufa7.jpg

Before correction

sufa4.jpg

First, I think you are doing great work, and I sort of hesitate to bring this up. I thought I should pass along some info for future reference, or in case someone else uses this build as a guide. Isra made the spines on their conversions too short. I discovered this while doing their 1/32 conversion, which is also too short. I confirmed this using the Isra F-16I Sufa book. Ironic I know. I know it probably too late to correct it on this build, which is not to detract from it in any way. Here are the pics pointing out the shortness, and one of my 1/32 conversion with it in the correct place. I had to add 3mm in length to the spine on mine to get everything to line up. The 2 lines I point to I believe are a panel that lines up with the fuselage access panel over the 20mm cannon. This would have to line up, otherwise they couldn't access the ammo drum and other parts of the cannon without removing the spine. Also, the refueling door will be too far back as well, and wouldn't line up with the one on the fuselage.

Now that´s great input Jason :monkeydance:

Like you said, it´s way to late for this build, at least by moving the spine, but there might be more Sufas and that´s a very good point you made.

BTW, excellent picture of the wall behind the rear tub!!! Could you give me a view from straight ahead on that wall perhaps?

Cheers!

Now that´s great input Jason :wave:

Like you said, it´s way to late for this build, at least by moving the spine, but there might be more Sufas and that´s a very good point you made.

BTW, excellent picture of the wall behind the rear tub!!! Could you give me a view from straight ahead on that wall perhaps?

Cheers!

You could fill in the gap with putty (that was the recommendation I got from Ra'anan at Isra, and is what he did on his) and rescribe the lines in the correct location. That would go a long way, and most of the other panel lines are harder to see because of the CFT's cover most of the fuselage. Here's a pic of what you are asking for, I think. Again, the spine before correction

sufa3.jpg

Cheers

Jason

Edited by JasonB
Looking great! Don't you just hate the details?

Rocky

LOL it´s a love/hate thing :worship:

You could fill in the gap with putty (that was the recommendation I got from Ra'anan at Isra, and is what he did on his) and rescribe the lines in the correct location. That would go a long way, and most of the other panel lines are harder to see because of the CFT's cover most of the fuselage. Here's a pic of what you are asking for, I think. Again, the spine before correction

Cheers

Jason

That was exactly the pic I was asking for, great thanx Jason! :wave:

The putty method was what I was thinking as well....might not be perfect, but it´ll be close enough :worship:

Cheers!

The work has continued on to the rear wall in the WSO seat...

I have to warn everybody attempting this.....it´s demn fun!!!

First I glued on the canopy seal, this will continue around the cockpit...just have to do the front part of the cockpit first :cheers:

DSC00895.jpg

Then I glued on a thin strip of OH film and then I drew an approximation of what goes where...

DSC00896.jpg

I didn´t have any meassures so all these plasticard strip details is by eye to hand...looks alright at least :salute:

DSC00902.jpg

Some cableing...

DSC00904.jpg

Even some more cables...and done!

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

That was fun!!

And my forrest of parts keep growing.....strange, the more parts I glue on to the model the more parts shows up on the table...

It´s like they´re making more part s when I´m not watching.....naughty plastic!

DSC00910.jpg

Soon it´s time for the cockpit tubs...

Cheers!

/edit forgot a pic...

Edited by Aigore

sufaspine1.jpg

sufaspine2.jpg

My corrected 1/32 conversion

sufa7.jpg

Before correction

sufa4.jpg

absolutely correct. makes me wonder how they did the conversions if they had access to the real thing. the same problem exists on the Kinetic kit as well.

the panel underneath is the access to the Gun Ammo Drum Bay. if the panel lines don't line up in real life, it doesn't make sense, as you would have to remove 2 panels to get to one underneath. in this case, it's a one to one.

good job on the scratchbuild for the rear of the cockpit. your 4 wire bundles look the most accurate i've seen..

Another little update :banana:

I did a little find in my spare part box....

For some reason it happens that the Mitsu F-2 kit from Gawa has double sets of steering column and throttle stick. That´s very fortunate sice they look soo much

better than the ones you get with Gawas ancient F-16 boxings!Well I´ve built one F-2 and I happened to buy another (well if you remember I fouled up the decals on my last one).

So I Have two sets of extra steering columns and throttles!! Oh joy!!!

The steering colums compared with the old F-16 ones.....

DSC00914.jpg

The throttles...unfortunately that meant that the oners I made are now obsolete, oh well...such is life :nanner:

DSC00918.jpg

So I made some more buttons and mounted them on toothpics...

DSC00922.jpg

The Cockpits ready for the new columns....

DSC00923.jpg

The pilot tub recieved some additional PE

DSC00924.jpg

It´s seriously getting time for some priming soon.....starting to run out of things to detail :D

Cheers!