niceee :) i see the cockpit will be excelent :)

Thanx Dragan :cheers:

I´m really itching to continue with it...luckily I have this weekend off, expect updates :D

Dude, you're really doing a great job on your Sufa!! I was planning to build one using the same stuff as you are before starting my USAF Viper. Keep up the good work, buddy!!

Best regards,

Gustavo.

Thanx Gustavo! I will! :D

Wohoo I found some time to fondle with my lil´Sufa ;)

I´ve continued with the cockpit and well, it´s starting to look almost done...

Just a few more things I need to adress: still need to do a wash and well...no bang seats to bee seen yet! :(

But the detailing and painting is about finished now tho :D

I´ve painted all the buttons and added some oxygen hoses..Hmmm I´d think the hose on the right is the oxygen...what is the hose on the left for?

I just added the details because they´re there but I don´t know what they are :P

DSC00998.jpg

same thing in the backseat tub...

DSC01000.jpg

Then some splashes of green paint on the hoses and the throttles and joysticks are added.

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01006.jpg

The rear....

DSC01005.jpg

Then I glued the sidewalls into place inside the fuselage...

DSC01011.jpg

DSC01012.jpg

There...

As I said earlier, just some washes and bangseats and it´s time to close the fuselage!

The progress is slow for being me, but at least it´s progress :D

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore
Good work!

Thanx dude!

Great work on the cockpit, your eyesight is definately very good :)

Cheers,

Marcel

LOL, Thanx Marcel...wish it was better but thankfully there are glasses and looking glasses :thumbsup:

great work so far mate!

:thumbsup:

Thanx Periklis! ;) I´m following in your footsteps....might be your fault I started detailing stuff myself!

Cheers!

LOL, no worries..there´s still enough stuff to do before I really need my bangseats....actually I can finish the whole model and put the bangseats in last.

But I was promised to get them within 3 weeks of ordering....and they´re still not here!

There will be a lil update tomorrow maybe :worship: (been busy at work as usual)

Time for an update on the Sufa, don´t you think?

Well, wait no further!

I´ve been busying myself with the instrument panels, since Isra Cast didn´t supply a film with dials and stuff I had to make do with what I found in my spare box. I found a old instrument film from my Trumpeter

Vigilante as a doner for dials...even got a few left over for future use :crying2:

Actually I think it´s bad form of ISra Cast not to supply a dials and gauges film since it´s obvious their PE needs that or decals! Considering the money you pay for Isra Cast stuff a little piece of film isn´t that much to ask for really.

Shape up !

here´s the donor film

DSC01022.jpg

The pilot´s IP... just need to make the HUD and it´s done.

DSC01029.jpg

The backseat IP... the MFDs aren´t finished yet so don´t be alarmed by how they look ...just need for the paint to drybefore I attache the frames around them.

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

When the IPs where finally done I started to glue stuff into the airframe for a change :D Yup, some assmebly finally!

The main wheel well in place, secured with a ton of CA glue (can´t stay in my hobby room without a breathing mask)

DSC01041.jpg

I won´t be making any fan front for this....I think

DSC01044.jpg

And the tubs in place...they aren´t absolutely finished yet but I can´t have them lying around, I tend to lose stuff that isn´t attached :P

Anyways I can reach really well even if they are glued in place.

The Isra Cast replacement front section is glued in place as well.... looks kind of nice I still have the HUD to make but that´s in alater stage since I´ll be handling the model a bit I don´t want to risk stuff falling off, so the HUD gets in place right before I close the canopy :cheers:

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01047.jpg

There...some progress finally :D

Cheers!

/edit

Found some really affronting typos

Edited by Aigore

Just a suggestion for the intake. I have seen people paint the solid intakes at the back of Hasegawa F-4's intakes, which are a lot like that one, in a way to make them look full depth. They put in the fan face, smaller than actual size, then paint the white area around it in gradual steps, from a gray around the fan face, to pure white toward the outside. This makes the intake have depth and look likes its reducing down in size around the fan. Just an option other than a black hole in there. But I guess there's always an intake cover!