Please post pics of your Star Wars models, even the old R2-D2 AND C-3PO. I'm about to take a break from 1/48 military mainly WWII aircraft models and jump to Sci- fI and my favorite movie,The original 1977 release of Star Wars, I have Fine Molds X-Wing and Y-wing and just got the old MPC release of R2 and 3PO.Thanks Rob

Edited by 71roadrunner426
Please post pics of your Star Wars models, even the old R2-D2 AND C-3PO. I'm about to take a break from aircraft models and jump to Sci- fI and my favorite movie,The original 1977 release of Star Wars, I have Fine Molds X-Wing and Y-wing and just got the old MPC release of R2 and 3PO.Thanks Rob

Here's a couple I've done:

Fine Molds X-Wing done up as Red 2 (built in 2002)

xwing-1.jpg

MPC Shuttle Tyderium finished as a Rebel marked shuttle from the Lucas Arts X-Wing games

rebelshuttle1.jpg

rebelshuttle2.jpg

And finally my most recent, the Fine Molds Millennium Falcon finished this spring

finfalcon6.jpg

finfalcon2.jpg

I've done a couple others as well since I have both a Fine Molds TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor I did a few years back. I just don't have pictures for them. Somewhere out there should also be images of an X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter over the Death Star diorama I did in 2000 called "Blast it Biggs, Where are you!?" with the MPC snap X-Wing and the AMT 1/48 TIE Fighter. I have to dig through my archives to find images of that model though.

I just recently bought a Fine Molds Tie Fighter and Tie Interceptor to take a break from military subjects. I'm hunting for the other Fine Molds kits as well. I look forward to seeing others work here.

Please post pics of your Star Wars models, even the old R2-D2 AND C-3PO. I'm about to take a break from aircraft models and jump to Sci- fI and my favorite movie,The original 1977 release of Star Wars, I have Fine Molds X-Wing and Y-wing and just got the old MPC release of R2 and 3PO.Thanks Rob

Here is 2 Y-wings of my SW collection. It is both Fine Molds but the smaller 1/144 is labeled under F-Toys. Beside these I have built the Fine Molds X-wing, TIE-Fighter and TIE-Interceptor in 1/72.

Y1.jpg

Y3.jpg

And I can also show some WIP on my Fine Molds Millenium Falcon.

mf6.jpg

mf3.jpg

Glue safely

Tobias

Here's a couple I've done:

Fine Molds X-Wing done up as Red 2 (built in 2002)

xwing-1.jpg

MPC Shuttle Tyderium finished as a Rebel marked shuttle from the Lucas Arts X-Wing games

rebelshuttle1.jpg

rebelshuttle2.jpg

And finally my most recent, the Fine Molds Millennium Falcon finished this spring

finfalcon6.jpg

finfalcon2.jpg

I've done a couple others as well since I have both a Fine Molds TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor I did a few years back. I just don't have pictures for them. Somewhere out there should also be images of an X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter over the Death Star diorama I did in 2000 called "Blast it Biggs, Where are you!?" with the MPC snap X-Wing and the AMT 1/48 TIE Fighter. I have to dig through my archives to find images of that model though.

Thank you for the pics, Your models look outstanding. Rob

And I can also show some WIP on my Fine Molds Millenium Falcon.

mf6.jpg

mf3.jpg

Tobias

hopefully you make it past the glue 497 parts onto the engine deck stage..

I've set mine aside twice now, bogging down trying to finish that stage of the build.

Good luck.

Mike

Tobias

hopefully you make it past the glue 497 parts onto the engine deck stage..

I've set mine aside twice now, bogging down trying to finish that stage of the build.

Good luck.

Mike

I know the feling. Mine has been halted due to other projects over the summer.

I need to paint the inserts to the lower and upper hull and cockpit before I can continue.

Glue safely

Tobias

My AMT TIE Advanced (i.e. Darth Vader's TIE), built a couple of years ago. The kit fit more like some eastern European limited run, but turned out well nonetheless. I also had some phun with Photoshop:

tiefightertb_2.jpg

tiefightertb_1.jpg

...and the Fine Molds Y-Wing, which was the polar opposite of the AMT TIE. Beautiful molding, superb detail, excellent fit and engineering. It was a treat to build from start to finish. I also managed to take first place with it at this year's Nats in Columbus.

IMG_1229_fs.JPG

IMG_1246_fs.JPG

Cheers,

Tony

And now for something competely different. And sure to upset the Star Wars purists out there. Here is an X Wing crop duster I built for a diorama a few years ago. You can see the large hopper tank under the fuselage and a bit of one of the tip tank sprayers. You can't see the spray bar and nozzles under the wings. Painted in heavily weathered gloss black.

MVC-649X.jpg

Ed

And now for something competely different. And sure to upset the Star Wars purists out there. Here is an X Wing crop duster I built for a diorama a few years ago. You can see the large hopper tank under the fuselage and a bit of one of the tip tank sprayers. You can't see the spray bar and nozzles under the wings. Painted in heavily weathered gloss black.

MVC-649X.jpg

Ed

I like it, something out of the blue or black in this case. Rob :beer4:

I like it, something out of the blue or black in this case. Rob :thumbsup:

He should show you the rest of that diorama. I saw it at IPMS Nationals one year (at least pictures of it, or was it Wonderfest?) and it was LOADED with all sorts of in jokes. It was essentially a space ship used car lot with everything from SW and ST to other ships like a VTTBOTS flying sub. Each one had a silly slogan on it or near it in the description.

Thanks Grey, glad you liked the shuttle. I wasn't the first to do one as one of the other Starship Modeler guys did it first. But I wanted to do up an AMT Shuttle and give it a little more color, so I opted to do it this way and I've always liked how the ship looked with the big rebel crest on the tail. It was a bit of a slap together project to as I finished the beastie in a little over a week for Wonderfest two years ago when my FineMolds Falcon project was going a bit too long. But it looks decent enough. I have fond memories of X-Wing myself as I came up with many creative ways to kill Star Destroyers in campaign missions where one was NOT supposed to kill them (one of my pilots racked up 13 SD kills).

Here's a couple more shots:

Cockpit (Rebel pilots are conscripted Airfix 1/72 F-14 pilots)

cockpit1.jpg

Cockpit with tinted canopy

cockpit3.jpg

My attempt at painted engine glow (sky blue with clear blue misted on the edges)

engineglow1.jpg

As for the Falcons, don't get discouraged as there really is light at the end of the tunnel when you start work on it. One thing that helped in my case was each time I glued a part on, I crossed it off the instructions with a highlighter, so I knew what was added and when. It helped keep me on track rather nicely. All told, it probably took me about two to three hours a night for the better part of a month to glue all the greeblies on the hull.

Edited by Jay Chladek

Apologies for lowering the average build quality of the thread, but here is my trusty old AMT / Airfix 1/48ish X-wing. This model was first built (unpainted) in 1983 or so (when I was seven), given some white paint (to match the plastic, and painted around the decals) around 1986 or so, and partially rebuilt and given some more detail, touch up and weathering in 1996. The R2 unit has long since disappeared into the maw of the carpet monster and the cockpit interior got removed for painting and never put back in (hence the pimped out tinted windows). Originally modelled with the undercarriage down, the gear also disappeared at least twenty years ago.......

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

x3.jpg

I'm not sure if the starboard lower cannon was always bent, or if it has been modifed somewhere along the line (I was happy just to find all four for the 1996 rebuild!). I'm happy to leave it as is, in homage to a memorable mission I played in X-Wing on the PC once. Some bug in the game stopped the guns from working mid fight. I hadn't been damaged, and the cannons were fully charged, but nothing was happening on the trigger pull. Not to let the lack of weapons get in the way of a good fight, I pumped up the forward shields and simply started ramming every TIE I could see. Didn't damage the X to any appreciable degree, and was even easier than gunning them, since I didn't have to lead them so much, or worry about matching speeds :D:) One of the all time great games :thumbsup:

Edited by Mumbles
Apologies for lowering the average build quality of the thread, but here is my trusty old AMT / Airfix 1/48ish X-wing. This model was first built (unpainted) in 1983 or so (when I was seven), given some white paint (to match the plastic, and painted around the decals) around 1986 or so, and partially rebuilt and given some more detail, touch up and weathering in 1996. The R2 unit has long since disappeared into the maw of the carpet monster and the cockpit interior got removed for painting and never put back in (hence the pimped out tinted windows). Originally modelled with the undercarriage down, the gear also disappeared at least twenty years ago.......

x2.jpg

x3.jpg

I'm not sure if the starboard lower cannon was always bent, or if it has been modifed somewhere along the line (I was happy just to find all four for the 1996 rebuild!). I'm happy to leave it as is, in homage to a memorable mission I played in X-Wing on the PC once. Some bug in the game stopped the guns from working mid fight. I hadn't been damaged, and the cannons were fully charged, but nothing was happening on the trigger pull. Not to let the lack of weapons get in the way of a good fight, I pumped up the forward shields and simply started ramming every TIE I could see. Didn't damage the X to any appreciable degree, and was even easier than gunning them, since I didn't have to lead them so much, or worry about matching speeds :) :banana: One of the all time great games :)

Edited by 71roadrunner426
I'm happy to leave it as is, in homage to a memorable mission I played in X-Wing on the PC once. Some bug in the game stopped the guns from working mid fight. I hadn't been damaged, and the cannons were fully charged, but nothing was happening on the trigger pull. Not to let the lack of weapons get in the way of a good fight, I pumped up the forward shields and simply started ramming every TIE I could see. Didn't damage the X to any appreciable degree, and was even easier than gunning them, since I didn't have to lead them so much, or worry about matching speeds :D:) One of the all time great games :worship:

Sometimes the oldest models have the coolest stories related to them. Not bad for an old ship that has been through the ringer and rebuilt, it now has character.

LOL about the X-Wing mission where your guns died. I did something similar once on an A-Wing mission where I had to divert gun energy to the engines to catch a flight of TIE Bombers attacking a Rebel medical frigate. I clobbered a pair with concussion missiles, but I had none left for the third TIE and my guns were totally discharged, but the shields were good so I rammed the beastie. Of course, one could do that reasonably well in the early X-Wing games until LucasArts added a bit where you tumble sort of out of control Darth Vader style for a little bit after a hit. This could be nasty if you collided with another ship near a capital ship and ended up tumbling into it (ouch).

I have only one question, how the hell did you get that stand to work. I fought with mine when I built this kit Along time ago on a kitchen table far far away my great adventure took place LOL. I think I smashed my stand into a billion pieces. Rob

To be honest, that stand was put together just after Christmas in 1983, and I don't remember how it went together at all! My dad probably did it.

I like how the model has two stand slots though, for the normalish pose like in the pics, or the near vertical (but a lot less stable) attitude...

Sometimes the oldest models have the coolest stories related to them. Not bad for an old ship that has been through the ringer and rebuilt, it now has character.

LOL about the X-Wing mission where your guns died. I did something similar once on an A-Wing mission where I had to divert gun energy to the engines to catch a flight of TIE Bombers attacking a Rebel medical frigate. I clobbered a pair with concussion missiles, but I had none left for the third TIE and my guns were totally discharged, but the shields were good so I rammed the beastie. Of course, one could do that reasonably well in the early X-Wing games until LucasArts added a bit where you tumble sort of out of control Darth Vader style for a little bit after a hit. This could be nasty if you collided with another ship near a capital ship and ended up tumbling into it (ouch).

If I am honest, the A-Wing was my vehicle of choice in X-Wing (later followed by the missile equipped TIE-Interceptor in TIE-Fighter). Nimble, quick and loads of fun. One of my favourite non campaign missions was the dogfight practice against successive waves of A-wings, culminating in something like a 1 v 12 A-Wing furball from memory. Just pure solid dogfighting for about half an hour or so!

Here's my original release X-Wing I did a couple of years back.

Still don't know why it hasn't made it in to the Sc-Fi Gallery yet.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal8...-Eggers/00.shtm

It's pretty heavily weathered, but for some reason you don't see it in the pictures.

The ship is pretty nice, and I love the base. Going to have to build one of those if I ever get around to refurbishing my old kit.

Fred