Hi guys, after throwing away a sprue from my T34/85 :woot.gif: I've started what was to be my third entry

mixing Dragons new flak 38 with Tamiya's still good Horch 1-A...

100_0167.jpg

Dragons flak platform & carriage..

100_0165-1.jpg

mounted ..

100_0166.jpg

load of etch for a small kit..

100_0164_2.jpg

Andy.

Hi guys, more work on the gun &started the Horch..

gun mount fitted & shields added decided to use the plastic shields too me they looked better then the etch, added a PE

mag rack from a Tristar 38..

100_0115_2-3.jpg

100_0114_2-1.jpg

100_0113-2.jpg

now the Horch, can't believe this is well over 30 years old didn't use any filler &the detail is as good as if not better then some of today's kits, just added PE rifle clips /clamps & hinge's then drilled out the headlight mounts & fender...

100_0110-3.jpg

100_0111_3-2.jpg

100_0112_2-2.jpg

not going to replace the barrel this time as I'm fitting a muzzle cover

Andy.

What is that helmet-on-a-post looking thing behind the driver-side headlamp?

My Kubelwagen had something similar, and I never figured out what it was for....

It is what is called a Notek Light, they were available for both front and back of the vehicle. Used at night it could not be seen from far but still gave off just enough of a glow that you could see where you are going.

If I am wrong please correct me

Hope this helps

Graeme

Thanks! Was driving me nuts.... (well... more so?)

I'm rather impressed with the build. As old as it is, and going together so nicely, with all the detail already included. I look forward to seeing the final product.

Hi guys, disasters struck..guess it's a case of hurrying to get it ready for a my clubs show on Sunday

:) :D

100_0117_2-1.jpg

put the kit on the floor while I was clearing some space on my bench & backed my chair over it with me in the chair...

This one is coming along nicely Andy. Is there much difference between the old and new Flak guns?

:soapbox:

Hi, there's a huge leap in detail between the guns, the Tamiya was very good in its day but side by side with a 21st century Dragon mold it really shows its age I,ll do some sprue shots of the Tammi 38 once I get over my black dog mood.

Andy.

:( G'day Andy,

Sorry to see the results of your little accident with the Horch. I think it's repairable although there'll be some work involved. Don't give up on it mate, get over the black dog and then have a look at it and get back into it again. Those little Horches were certainly advanced for their time weren't they. Independant suspension both ends with coils (4 each end). I can't remember if they were 4X4 or just 4X2. Can you tell me if they were? 4X4 that is.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Hi guys, calmed down now anyway onwards & upwards got the gun almost done added the spent cartridge mesh

boy this was a pig to do glad I've gone for a damaged job after seeing how fast the shell case's ejected, added a muzzle cover as well..

100_0124-4.jpg

100_0125-4.jpg

100_0126-2.jpg

one thing to come out of this is I've found a nice small base that I'd forgot all about

100_0127-2.jpg

sprue shot of Tamiya's 38..

100_0123-3.jpg

Andy.

:taunt:, G'day Andy,

I did a bit of googling on the Horch last night after I'd asked that question. That model were 4X4 and had 4 wheel steering as well as the independant suspension all round. Quite advanced for a military vehicle of those times. I wouldn't like to be paying the fuel bills though, 32 l/100km on road and 42 l/100km off road. Let's see now, I'll just work that out in Imperial mpg. on road they gave about 8.9 mpg and off road it would have been about 6.7 mpg. Imperial mpg that is. And they only carried 120 litres of fuel in the tanks, plus whatever jerry cans they had at the time. Jerry cans are 20 litres each. Still they are a good looking vehicle and there is a firm in Germany making new parts etc and even new bodies for the restorers trade. Hate to think what they might cost but then those who go in for that sort of thing would have to have plenty of money.

:tease:,

Ross.

Hi guys, disasters struck..guess it's a case of hurrying to get it ready for a my clubs show on Sunday

:yahoo::yahoo:

100_0117_2-1.jpg

put the kit on the floor while I was clearing some space on my bench & backed my chair over it with me in the chair...

Hi, there's a huge leap in detail between the guns, the Tamiya was very good in its day but side by side with a 21st century Dragon mold it really shows its age I,ll do some sprue shots of the Tammi 38 once I get over my black dog mood.

Andy.

Hey Andy

Fear not, here is the challenge for you, don't trash it , build it. :jaw-dropping:

Graeme

Oh man. Ive had something similar happen in the past. Was working on a Tamiya JGSDF Motorcycle rider & figure set, and the motorcycle fell off my desk w/o me knowing, and I rolled my chair over it. Needless to say when I got done, there werent any parts large enough to salvage.