C-7 Caribou color question

Any ideas on what color the cockpit and cabin interiors of a C-7 Caribou would be? Since it was manufactured in Canada, I'm assuming FS #36231 may not be the answer.

Deke

Even though produced in Canada the FS specs still applied. The Canadian-produced bits we had on our P-3s were indistinguishable from the American parts other than the "Produced in Canada" stickers. :cheers:

you are in luck.. I just took these at Oshkosh this year. A restored DHC-7 in U.S. Army colours.... what kit are you building??

Sean,

Thanks, those are very helpful pictures; I've got a 1/72 Hobbycraft kit in the stash I'm thinking of breaking out.

Even though produced in Canada the FS specs still applied. The Canadian-produced bits we had on our P-3s were indistinguishable from the American parts other than the "Produced in Canada" stickers. :soapbox:

Don,

Thank you for the information.

Deke

I was able to climb up into the flightdeck of the one at the CWHM in Hamilton a couple weeks ago.... I remember the cockpit being the same gray as Twin Otter cockpits are painted in. By looking at some DHC-6 cockpit pictures on Airliners.net, you'll be able to reference the colour to a DHC-4.

Good Luck

Edited by skidbuggy