MS-06S Char's Zaku II v2.0

Now don't get me wrong, (because you've executed that mech kit beautifully! :) ) But I never understood the appeal of the Zaku suits over the traditional Gundams/Mobile Suits.

Thanks! This was an easy choice of monoeye--it bookends the career of Char Aznable when paired with the big red beast I built...

frontgun1ij7.jpg

I never understood the appeal of the Zaku suits over the traditional Gundams/Mobile Suits.

YGBSM!! The ZakuII is like the Panzer IV of the Zeon forces; dozens of variations in version and lots of different markings schemes. If you add in the ZakuI as the equivalent of the PanzerIII, there are even more variations to play with. I could probably spend the rest of my days making Zaku variations, and not run out of subjects.

Yes, the Zakus get shot to pieces with disturbing ease, but the Feddy suits are boring! The Zaku MSV series date back to the original old-school kits, and in those days the Feddys were limited to the Gundam, GunCannon, and GunTank. (Yawn) It wasn't until the later series (0080 and 08th MST) that Bandai realized the cash-in value of varying the Fed suits, hence the appearance of the GM Space, Arctic, Sniper, Striker, Gundam Ez8, new GunTank, etc. (And yes I'm intentionally ignoring the Gundam spin-offs, because they are not faithful to the true U.C 79-83 period - all that Zeta, ZZ and later crap doesn't count. :wacko: Don't even get me started on Gundam Seed - complete offal! )

Seig Zeon!!

Oh, and BTW, Mark, those are awesome kits you've built there!! ;)

Thanks, and couldn't agree more with the MSG suits. GMs = BORING. My next kit may be a dirtied up Zaku II v1.0 MG, maybe in more of an 08th MST flavor. BUT, if it weren't for Zeta, we wouldn't have CCA which brings out the best monoeye ever!

Gotta agree with Mark and Rotorhead, the vanilla Feddie suits are the most nondescript things on earth (or in space, if you will)... it wasn't until the GM Sniper was introduced that you really saw a true "custom" variant of the GM. Before that there was a space type and a ground type, and that was pretty much it... and damned little since.

even in later series (0080, 0083, Zeta, etc) the GM, while obviously updated, is still pretty damn basic and boring.

(and I don't hold to the argument that the RX-79Gs were custom GMs, they were full Gundams in their own right)

YGBSM!! The ZakuII is like the Panzer IV of the Zeon forces; dozens of variations in version and lots of different markings schemes. If you add in the ZakuI as the equivalent of the PanzerIII, there are even more variations to play with. I could probably spend the rest of my days making Zaku variations, and not run out of subjects.

You've hit the nail on the head. The Federation GM suit plays the part of the Sherman tank very well. Techincally a more efficient machine in many respects, but still wholly outclassed by the Zaku in most key areas. Only a very skilled pilot in a GM could hope to take down a Zaku (and most of those skilled pilots were probably being used in Gundams anyway)

Edited by Skull Leader