In honor of the 9/11/01 firefighters and others...

Great build Pete

My prayers go out to those families who have lost loved ones during that day 8 years ago. To the firemen, police, other emergency response teams - thank you for putting yourselves in harms way so that others could be protected.

Thanks,

David

Thanks All.

The scale is 1/35.

It is a Warriers kit, (OOP) I believe.

I have built and donated several of these for variuos fire departments and individuals.

This particular one I built to display in our home.

It sets in our entry.

The first one I did was for the dedication of a new fire station in Ashland, Oregon.

My good friend, aircraft artist William S. Phillips, did an amazing painting called "A Prayer for my Brother".

http://www.bnr-art.com/phillips/prayerforbrother.htm

It shows two firefighters at the WTC on 9/11/01.

His original painting is in a firefighters museum in NYC.

He donated a canvas print to the new station in Ashland, and I did the model.

The painting and the model are both on permanent display at the station.

Since that time, I've had the honor of doing a number of these commissions for other departments and persons.

So that's the story.

Pete

Edited by petebuilt

Very nicely done.

That flag was brought out to THEODORE ROOSEVELT and flown over the flight deck when CVW-1 launched its first strikes into Afghanistan. She wasn't the first carrier on scene, but somewhere along the line they decided that, being named for a native of NYC, a NY police commissioner and NY State governor, she should be the carrier to get the flag.

Two of the three firefighters in this scene came aboard in March or so to retrieve it in a sobering ceremony on the hangar bay.