DOTR2 kicks off in 19 days....

Time to break those kits out of the bottom of the closet and hit up Sprue Brothers for any last minute parts!

We'll kick off the "Defence of the Reich GB 2" on October 1st. The last one was one of the largest and most successful GB's ever at ARC with over 80 completed entries. We're anticipating another great GB and looking forward to welcoming back vets of the last one as well as some "fresh meat" this time around.

Dave, Pete and myself are working on collecting items for the prize fund. We've already got a few items, but donations are always appreciated, from a business or individuals.

Hope to see you there! :thumbsup:

Mike

I'm looking forward to it. I'm actually going to build the same kit I did the last time but try to do a better job on it (Tamiya He219)

using even more aftermarket goodies.

Patrick...I would think if the 219 is good-to-go then the AR234 would be too (but I'm not a mod!)

Have to get the Albatros off the desk before Oct 1 now.....nice to have deadlines. I use GB's for that.

:thumbsup:

How do you feel about Ar234 Nachtigalls, wrt eligibility great moderator?

Patrick,

AFAIK there were at least two Ar 234 Nachtigalls built and operated by Kommando Bonow, so that would be a valid entry. Great subject too!

I'm looking forward to it. I'm actually going to build the same kit I did the last time but try to do a better job on it (Tamiya He219)

using even more aftermarket goodies.

I thought you did a darn fine job on the 219 last time around (I hastily copied the build when the threads were being pulled) so look forward to any enhancements you make this time round, sir.

(The SBS Model spinners are rather nice, btw...)

Edit: Mikester - brilliant, thankyou :thumbsup:

I've previously done a Bonow Ar234 from the pain-and-misery Hobbycraft stable. This time I hope to do the seemingly easy-life Hasegawa offering, but with a twist: Rick (vvwse4) and I both have this kit, it seems. We now also have equal and agreed aftermarket sets for the respective models, and two marking schemes (Bisping's and Bonow's.) Might be fun to compare and contrast...

Edited by Patrick_Nevin

I have a few that I am contemplating for this build. Last time I got a whopping 4 builds done for DOTR, but my life is busier now so I think I will be lucky to get 2 done. Here are a few I am thinking of, all 1/48.

V-2

Ju 88

Me 410

Do 217

Fw 190 (A or D)

Me 262

Would an FA 223 Drache helicopter be acceptable? While it was little more than an experimental test bed since Allied bombers kept blowing up its factories, it did complete some operational missions (recovered a downed Do 217). It was put into production and 3 were assigned to a transport squadron (TS/40) in January 1945.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke_Achgelis_Fa_223

Would an FA 223 Drache helicopter be acceptable? While it was little more than an experimental test bed since Allied bombers kept blowing up its factories, it did complete some operational missions (recovered a downed Do 217). It was put into production and 3 were assigned to a transport squadron (TS/40) in January 1945.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke_Achgelis_Fa_223

As long as it was an operational aircraft it's good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

looks like an important event starts tomorrow, the modeling season is back isnt'it?

as a vet of the first DOTR edition, I'll of course participate to the second one

lots of kits available in my stock pile ...

let's start with a 109: G10, G6AS, G14

cheers

Marc