Great progress so far,Chris!

BTW,your Flanker goods should be introduced on the mentioned Japanese hobby magazine Scale Aviation November issue with the Flanker Column.:D

Cheers,

Yufei

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the first APU-23 out of the mold:

APU-23_8.jpg

The stock Trumpeter parts:

APU-23_9.jpg

And a closer shot:

APU-23_10.jpg

I'll be working on production molds and instructions in the coming days.

I'm hoping the lack of replies on this thread aren't an indication of how well these will sell...

BTW,your Flanker goods should be introduced on the mentioned Japanese hobby magazine Scale Aviation November issue with the Flanker Column. :)
Thanks for submitting the article Yufei! :rofl:

It looks like a nice magazine , just very expensive with shipping to the US...

:)

Edited by Zactoman

Thanks for the comments guys. I feel a little more encouraged now! :cheers:

First full set of castings came out of the molds last night and look great.

I've started the instructions and expect to release both the MiG-23 pylons and the solo APU-60 pylons this coming weekend.

Can these ones also be used on the Mig-27?
I would think that the BD3 pylons could but glancing around the net for pics it doesn't appear so. It seems that the 27 may have its' own unique pylons.

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman

Probably I do it already a little late and this information isn't so actual...

But here some photo of missiles and launch rails from an air show of AviaSvit-XXI.

b31PH6c7O5.jpg 5Q79v3SG2j.jpg hzEOaTQk6R.jpg UzjPVvfP6b.jpg usFQPu342g.jpg 75fms8ztl7.jpg IjWdUBPbuZ.jpg M4e3ayY0u3.jpg iQkRv6WSJa.jpg pj2WgZ3Y7A.jpg

Excuse for the bad quality of a photo - it was necessary to use a mobile phone.

Thanks for posting the pictures maXar!

I'm still looking for more pics of the R-77 missile and AKU-170 pylons though...

Pardon my ignorance, but are there any news on the replacement MiG-23 intakes? I find those rather crucial for the decision on getting this kit or not because it's a rather obvious flaw.
Actually, yes I have made a little progress.

I have decided to just replace the splitter plates though and include instructions on how to modify the kit intakes to make them more accurate.

Splitter2.jpg

With about 1,400 holes on each side, not counting the rivets or hinges, I can only do so much at a time without destroying my eyes...

:woot.gif:

Edited by Zactoman
Actually, yes I have made a little progress.

With about 1,400 holes on each side, not counting the rivets or hinges, I can only do so much at a time without destroying my eyes...

:wasntme:

Hey Chris! It's not a LITTLE progress, it's a HUGE progress so far especially taking into account that tremendous amount of holes you did!

But let your eyes to have a proper respite. :tumble:

Cheers and take care!

Alexander.

:explode:

Looks great! :) I'll definitely be in for a couple of sets for my MiG-23s.

BTW, did anyone else notice that Aires has just come out with wheel bays?

http://www.aires.cz/wheel-bays/mig-23-flogger-wheel-bay/

Wonder if they will also do an exhaust?

I'm sure they will make a cockpit, exhaust and everything else you can think of for it.

Please tell me Dave, what is your impression of this kit. How accurate do you think it is?

Brad

I'm sure they will make a cockpit, exhaust and everything else you can think of for it.

Please tell me Dave, what is your impression of this kit. How accurate do you think it is?

Brad

Brad, Chris wrote some impressions here.

BTW, did anyone else notice that Aires has just come out with wheel bays?

http://www.aires.cz/wheel-bays/mig-23-flogger-wheel-bay/

Thanks fo the heads up. In accordance with one the basic principles of scale modelling Aires releases their landing bays just when I'm done scratching mine! Theirs will require some surgery as the upper bulkhead in the kit is part of the wing assembly but it should be quite simple.

0000810.jpg

Chris, when it'll come to doing specific pylons for the future Trumpeter MiG-27s I can provide some fresh, hi-res pictures. Here are bandwidth-friendly samples :

mig-2711.jpg

mig-2712.jpg

• 9 months later...
Chris, when it'll come to doing specific pylons for the future Trumpeter MiG-27s I can provide some fresh, hi-res pictures.
Thanks for posting the pics Booga. Yes, when the time comes I'd love to see the other pics you have!

Finally!!!

I've finished the APU-60-2 dual Aphid launch rails:

APU-60-2_1.jpg

Compared to the Trump MiG-23 parts:

APU-60-2_2.jpg

Mounted on the Su-25:

APU-60-2_3.jpg

APU-60-2_4.jpg

On the MiG-23:

APU-60-2_5.jpg

APU-60-2_6.jpg

These can also be carried on the MiG-21.

The patterns are finished and the first test castings came out nice. I need to go back and enhance some details on the patterns before pouring production molds.

Chris,

The dual launchers look tremendous :thumbsup:

Your photos showing them loaded up on the pylon with the pair of missiles are mind-blowing.

You need to set some time aside to paint them up in the correct colours buddy.

Painted up, they would be the best possible advertisement. :worship:

You need to set some time aside to paint them up
Time??? What's that? :wacko:

I wish I had the time to paint up some samples or better yet to build a complete model using my parts...

Thanks for the nice comments! :cheers:

Instructions are finished and "buy now" buttons should be up on my web site later today!

Edited by Zactoman

APU-60-2 Dual Aphid Launch Rails are now available!

Please go buy some (and other goodies) soon or I may have to close shop and take a job at Walmart... :pray:

Mounted on the Su-25:
Unfortunately after doing some further research I've found that these can't be carried on the Su-25.

But they can be carried on the MiG-21!

APU-60-2_21.jpg