Please go buy some (and other goodies) soon or I may have to close shop and take a job at Walmart... :pray:
:tumble:

A big thanks to those who have ordered stuff recently :cheers:

Unfortunately things are still really slow.

Thank you to those who PMed messages of concern regarding my Walmart comment :rolleyes: . :cheers:

If, in the event that I do have to find a 'real' job, Walmart will be a last resort. I'd more likely try to find a machinist or even a model-making job.

Unfortunately I'd be driving anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours each way (even longer in the Winter with snow) depending on where I could find employment. That wouldn't leave me much time to devote to Zactomodels but I hope I'd keep the doors open either way.

However,,,

I don't plan on giving up yet!

I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve. :whistle:

:cheers:

Chris,

Things will pick up starting in the Fall.

I have the same situation with my decals.

Eli

I certainly hope it picks up!

I've gone through slow times before but lately it's been terrible. This economy sucks!

The 3 weeks prior to my posting the Walmart comment were dismal, the worst I've experienced since starting the business, and in the months before that I noticed a decline.

I've received some orders since then (if those were merely courtesy orders then I'm grateful, but I hope they were purchased with plans to use the parts on planned builds), but it's still slow.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and thanks again to those who have been ordering :cheers:

I need to buy several items but it's hard to find the money. I figure about $300 buck of stuff. The hobby shop is slow too, the last 2 months are down from last year, the economy sucks and we have an election cycle. People will hold onto their money till they know the outcome.

the economy sucks and we have an election cycle. People will hold onto their money till they know the outcome.
I think that's what's going on here in the U.S. as well.

Unfortunately our 'election cycle' is over a year away... :angry:

Well, I got my shipment of the latest Zactoproduct, and as always it's more than worth it. Will make a great addition to my MiG-23!

As for the slow times, unfortunately in the hobby industry that revolves around the need for new product - I see that in the LHS - with very little new showing up, that slows everything else down there. The market is pretty small, and the folks that are in the market tend to get the new stuff when it first comes out, and then sits waiting on the next new thing.

Look at your own situation, where I'm sure there was a small flurry of orders as a result of this latest release. Been a while since there was anything else new.

I'm going to be posting my build of the MiG-23 soon - hopefully that will push some orders, as I'm definitely using Zactoproducts galore in my build.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
As for the slow times, unfortunately in the hobby industry that revolves around the need for new product...

The market is pretty small, and the folks that are in the market tend to get the new stuff when it first comes out, and then sits waiting on the next new thing...

Been a while since there was anything else new.

I try to find the time to keep tooling new products.

Unfortunately I've previously found myself in a position where I've been too busy molding and casting to get much tooling done but not making enough money that I could afford to hire someone to help with the casting to free up my time.

I'm hoping to implement some new strategies that should help.

Look at your own situation, where I'm sure there was a small flurry of orders as a result of this latest release.
The flurry was indeed small. While the APU-60-2 pylons were a much needed product I wasn't necessarily expecting them to be a really big seller.

Fortunately things have picked back up a bit and some of the other products have started selling again.

Still not as busy as I need to be but I've set aside the Walmart application for now... :rolleyes:

Well, I got my shipment of the latest Zactoproduct, and as always it's more than worth it. Will make a great addition to my MiG-23!

I'm going to be posting my build of the MiG-23 soon - hopefully that will push some orders, as I'm definitely using Zactoproducts galore in my build.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and words of encouragement Paul.

I'm glad you like the products and am really looking forward to seeing your build!

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, I'm sorry to hear that things are slow. I'll have to go and place and order for some of your stuff for the SU-27. Every little bit will help I guess.

Have you thought of taking preorders for your F-14 intakes to generate some cash to keep going? Your one of the only venders that I would be happy to place a preorder with.

I'm off to buy some stuff from yur website.

Edited by Cunumdrum61
I'll have to go and place and order for some of your stuff for the SU-27. Every little bit will help I guess.
Yes every little bit. I appreciate the orders, Thank You!

This business can really be a random rollercoaster ride. The previous week was really busy but I haven't had a single order for several days now.

At least I've been able to work on some new tooling while things were slow...

Have you thought of taking preorders for your F-14 intakes to generate some cash to keep going? Your one of the only venders that I would be happy to place a preorder with.
No.

I just have a problem taking someones money without being able to send them a package right away.

Thanks for the offer and the vote of confidence!

• 1 year later...

Hi Luca,

I received your e-mail, invoice sent, payment received.

Thank you for the order! I'll be shipping your package on Monday.

Hello Chris, do you sell the pylons separately?
Referring to the Su-27 APU-470 pylons for your build.

Yes, I do sell them separately for $12 per pair. They just aren't listed on my website. If anybody wants to order a set, please e-mail me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to raise this old thread, but are those pylons good to for any MiG-21 MF regardless of user?

I am pondering a Hungarian MF and the above pylons sure look like the ones I see in photos, but I thougt I should ask just to be sure. :)

Any info is appreciated. Thanks! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to raise this old thread, but are those pylons good to for any MiG-21 MF regardless of user?

I am pondering a Hungarian MF and the above pylons sure look like the ones I see in photos, but I thougt I should ask just to be sure. :)

Any info is appreciated. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Anyone who knows...? :unsure: