Fujimi Fw 190 A6-9, 48 Scale

Hey Guys, trust that you are all well, I beg your patience on this one, I have gone through most of the Fujimi Builds here, right, bottom line is the general consensus, the kits are crapish. There are however a few very good looking Fujimi builds. Want to build one for the DOTR 2. Bearing in mind that this will be my second Plane if I finish it. Will it be a total waste of time to build or Should I rather get a better one,

Secondly are the Fujimi BF 109 just as bad or are they a better Option,

Picked up a lot of Secondhand kits some time back and these are some of them.

Thank you for your Assistance

Graeme

The Fujimi 190A isn't worth the hassle. If you want an inexpensive Fw 190A, grab one of the Eduard "Weekend Edition" kits.

The Fujimi 109s aren't bad, but aren't great either.

Given a choice between a Fujimi '109 or '190, I'd definitely go with the '109.

JMHO,

D

Edited by D Bellis

Their later line of Bf 109's ain't bad, the ones from the late 80's/early 90's vintage. Biggest problem is cowling fit since they did a "open" area there and you get the cowling for what variant they box the parts for (a G-6 will have that cowling, G-10 that, ect ect)

They also did a 1972ish Bf 109G/K that was about the same as the Fw 190's, not worth the time and inaccuratte

The Fujimi 190s need ALOT of help. First, they aren't really 1/48, probbaly more like 1/49 or 1/50, which isn't that big a deal unless you try to use left over detail parts from other kits (speaking from experience) and nothing fits, and your decals look oversize. One of the only good things about the Fujimi kit is that it comes with the parts to do the underwing cannons, either the 2x20 or 1x30. If you absolutely need to do a connon pod armed 190, then the Fujimi is really your only kit right now. If you can do without the cannon pods, then use another kit. Here are some shots of a Fujimi kit that I built but with alot of bits and pieces left over from Tamiya and Hasegawa kits to help it along. I built it as a 190A-5/U-12 for the first DOTR.

portnose.jpg

port.jpg

bottom.jpg

top.jpg

Thanx a lot for the input Guys and jrallman, thanx for the pix, So it will be OOB for me on this one for DOTR2, lets call it a practice Run. will do the under wing Cannoned version. Cool can always toss it if it comes out crap, no loss.

Graeme

Graeme, if I may - since you've got the kit already, by all means build it. I will have to concur with the others though that the Fujimi 190 and old 109 are dog doo-doo. If you didn't have the kit I'd tell you to do a wave-off and find an Arii 190 (ex-Otaki, also released by Airfix IIRC). The Arii kit, like most of the Otaki 1/48 kits, is a good solid shape that can be used as a very respectable starting point for an impressive model, or it can be done out of the box for a still quite good representation of the original aircraft. It too comes with the twin 20mm pods.

Maybe next time? ;-)