Trumpeter 1:72 STRV-103B S-tank

I must apologise at the onset that there is only one image to show at this stage, but I am so busy with family stuff that I have not had time to set up my camera.

So here is the one image I have so far of one of my latest builds, the STRV-103B from Trumpeter. As per usual I used Vallejo paints in the main, followed by oil washes and MIG pigments. This was the second kit that I thinned oils with lighter fluid and am very happy with the results.

I did do considerable research into what the correct colour was, which in the end was simply good old Russian Green!

I would also like to thank a most helpful modeller from Sweden who assisted me with the correct dimensions of the road edge marking. I am an Civil Project Designer (Engineer) by profession and although I knew what the line marking arrangement was, was unsure of the correct width and hit/miss distances. A suitable post and the gentleman went out and measured the line type for me as well as providing scaled dimensions. A big thanks!

I was even more pleased to achieve a gold medal in Military (small) at WASMEx 2009.

I will provide an update as soon as I get the chance to break out the camera next week whilst on holidays.

2-1_1.jpg

Cheers

Mike

oops, I did notice a bit of fluff on the left front storage box top......I wonder if that was there when it was judged??

Edited by madmike
typo