So, what special build have you done for your wife or girlfriend?

If they like to have a plane that is pink, i say build a Tornado Gr1 from the 1st gulf war

My wife is from Iran and ive got a few jets i want to build for her in IRIAF colours, the F-14A, F-4E, F-4D, RF-4E, F-5E (havent found decals for it yet), SU-24M and Mig-29.

Plan to do the SU-24M first, but got to finish my F-111 thats taking forever.

I built a kit of the her family's old car, the first one that she ever learned to drive on. In the end the whole family was so excited that they didn't want to let her take out of the house after the Christmas holiday was over.

-Hoops

That is cool! Did the family look at your hobby a little differently after that?

Built a Sopwith Camel for an old GF. I owe my current (and only wife) a Travelair Mysteryship... I started one years ago, seem to have lost most of it and need to give it another go. I have a Revell Blue Angel F-18 going for Darling Daughter and recently built our son a Lamborghini Murcielago and I have built my wife recently a '69 Camaro, a Ferrari 430 and a Maserati Trofeo. I need to finish a Monogram SNJ I started for her and get back on the Mysteryship project. But as much as she likes me to build a project for her now and then she would rather I do the full size projects like the Jensen and Triumph and the Jag... But she does remind me now and then I OWE her the Mysteryship!

• 6 months later...

My first GF helped me with a couple of model projects (she was a good painter, sadly one of only a few rare good things about her), and I ended up building a PT Cruiser & a 1/100 Superbug for her before we split . . . Now the current one is bonkers for the B-2 so now I'm bound & determined to find a 1/144 kit to build her (the ol' Testors kit is just too dam big), even going to paint it in Middle Tenn. colors (she's graduating from there next year)

Ves :taunt:

To think about it, I am surprised there hasn't been a pink fighter for breast cancer awareness or something (I almost forgot to put the 'cancer' in that sentence :salute: ).

I have bought several kits for her over the years but am afraid I can't do them justice.

The first is the original Viper from BG. I even have an aftermarket cockpit and female pilot for it.

I also have a star trek BOP. Would really like to light and build a 1701-D which is her favorite. PL is re-issuing one in clear styrene.

I got my wife into building, she is still working on a pink 1/32 Zero from 21st Century. Also I got her pregnant, trying to figure out how much the photo etch is going to cost me for that one!!!!!

On the plus side, our baby is due 15 October 2010, two weeks before my birthday

Several years ago, my late ex-wife requested an AV8B Harrier II like the ones in "True Lies." It was one of my best builds up to that time. Fortunately, when she moved out in '07, she forgot to take it with her, and I still have it.

cheers

Old Blind Dog