1/72 Hobby Boss Jets

Looking at the 1/72 Hobby Boss A-10, F-15, F-16, A-7, Eurofighters, F-22 ect... I have been unable to find reviews for these kits. Are they lacking in detail and in fit or are these kits going to compete with Hasegawa and Revell? Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks,

Jason

Looking at the 1/72 Hobby Boss A-10, F-15, F-16, A-7, Eurofighters, F-22 ect... I have been unable to find reviews for these kits. Are they lacking in detail and in fit or are these kits going to compete with Hasegawa and Revell? Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks,

Jason

They're mostly quick and simplified models, lacking in things like cockpit detail and external stores.

Detail- and accuracywise, they generally are a step down from Hasegawa and RoG, IMHO, but they can make sorta-decent quick builds if you want to reduce your aftermarket decal stash, and they are nice introduction models to lure the young' uns to the Dark Side.

And of course the brand has the only OOB N/AW A-10 dual seater in gentlemen's scale.

Just my € 0.02....

HTH,

Andre

The A-7 is the best quality wise, cockpit has some nice detail, and externally is very nice too. I have the TA-7C kit.

I have heard the F-22 is a reissue of the Mini Hobby kit which inturn is a copy of the Italeri kit which repesents a prototype.

The rest as mentioned have very basic cockpit detail (the control sticks are rods coming out if the floor and the panels are flat with declas for the instruments and console gear) and the rest of the external detail is missing or simplified.

:monkeydance:

The A-7 and TA-7 are very nice kits indeed. The A-10 is also not too bad in my opinion.

I was dissapointed in both the F-16 and F-18 I thought they were a bit to basic. Same with the eurofighter, you really want the revell kit in 1.72 as its a scaled down 1.48 one and that is excellent.

Some of the more basic range jets are I think very good value for momey, i have the MiG-15 & MiG-15 UTI and they are nice, their sabres also build up to make good looking models. I did this one recently;

BIFinLeft.jpg

Julien

Hi,

I've had a quick look at these in my local hobby shop and the detail seems quite reasonable, though the price is similar to Hasegawa for some ie. the F-15. The Eurofighter in particular has very few parts and should be an easier starting point for younger modellers than an Airfix or Italeri. For value though I would probably go with one of those Brands or Revell Germany.

Edit: I believe they have a decent MiG-15/17 as well.

Edited by BibbyUK

Jason

The A-7 is a decent kit, I've got the A-7E, which looks good.

Heard the A-10 is ok too.

Hope this helps.

Chris

The MiG-15's are excellent. In my opinion, the best available in 1/72 scale. Cockpit is very basic but adequate if canopy is closed and it's molded in one piece. I think someone has already done a cockpit for the single seater. Not sure about the two seater.

I've built the Hobbyboss Typhoon and its terrible. Poor fit, no detail, innacurate. And compared to the Revell Typhoon it also has a terrible decal sheet, no weapons and is 50% more expensive.

In short, there is not a single reason to buy the HB Typhoon over the Revell one.

Picture61077.jpg

Let's see here.....

The A-7 kits are problably the best in 1/72 scale, but the bombs are too slender, and they only come with early model AIM-9D Sidewinders. A weapons kit or something better from the spare weapons box should correct that.

For the F-16, The Revell-Germany F-16A/B is a better and cheaper kit. If you can find it, the Revell-Germany/ Monogram F-16C is also much better than the Hobbyboss kit, as is the Academy kit. I would say that the Hobbyboss kit is comparable to the Hasegawa F-16 kits, but......

Only the Hasegawa F-16CJ blk 50 kit provides the parts to build a big-intake, heavy landing gear late model F-16C's because they provide the bulged landing gear doors and fatter main wheels, the Monogram F-16C kit only provides the fat wheels.

For the F/A-18 "Legacy Hornet", The Academy kits are the best in 1/72 scale. Again, the Hobbyboss kit is compairable to the Hasegawa kit.

For the A-10, The Italeri/Revell-Germany kit is cheaper and better than the Hobbyboss offering. But as mentioned, the Hobbyboss kit is the only two-seater Warthog availiable in 1/72 scale.