MiG-19/Shenyang J-6

Here it is:

IMG_1024.jpg

Now, i need to decide which one to build... Egyptian one or Albanian? What do you think? :yahoo: I think is better to be Albanian, because no one finished that model before...i think. :jaw-dropping:

Cheers, :yahoo:

Nenad.

Edited by LanceR21

Hi...

I decided to do Albanian one with black-red rondels from 2005 when all MiG-19's (Shenyang's) were out of service...

Ok, back to the model,

Yesturday, i sand whole positive panels on "body" and spray over with silver spray paint in can, as a primer. Now i have to engrave all panels and rivets. This is going to be very "intresting"... :banana:

IMG_1026.jpg

Cheers, :worship:

Nenad.

Hi Nenad,

I am building the same KP kit. Your silver fuselage looks cool!

You plan to engrave all the panels and rivets :bandhead2: ? This WILL be very "interesting" :woot.gif:

Can't wait to see your next installment. I reached the wing to fuselage joint and honestly am not feeling very motivated to go forward... I think I might build a plain vanilla Fujimi MiG-21 OOB instead :crying2:

Cheers,

Giles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wouldn't there be a possiblity of replacing the kit's seat with something else ? The seat looks silly.

Of course, i will try to make a realistic seat, but it's not important to me, because i am building this MiG for my soul. ;)

These pictures are old probably one week...

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

Update - this week :D

Hope you like it,

Cheers, :thumbsup:

Nenad.

• 2 weeks later...

My compliments for the courage of building this kit. Since I've already built four of this type, among others an Albanian, I am quite aware of the difficulties one faces in obtaining a good result out of it.

In particular I find the MiG 19 kit to suffer from the following deficiencies in terms of shape:

It has a small windscreen and a narrow canopy

It has short canopy and a large dorsal bulge at the meeting point with the canopy

It has an asymmetrical forward fuselage in one of the halves

It has poor detail and non existent interiors.

So once again compliments and good luck with the following of your work.

Excelent work!! I've always loved KP kits,and still have few of them in stash, althogh I am now on 48. Your work awakes a lot of memory when I was Your age,and wanted a crude kit to look perfect.

Respekt Pele!! Sve je manje ljudi koji se libe da uzmu kp-a da rade,te ovo te ono , te hobibos-academi,hase-miya... Svaka čast!!

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

You've done a good job on the sanding, looking at some of the earlier progress pics bought back a few memories of how my Bilek F-6 looked a few days ago, I'm king of wishing I had gone with a KP kit myself, I would have to do just as much filling, but would be able to buy 3 for the same price of the Bilek MiG.

I also am building a Somali F-6, do you need any reference pics? , I could be able to provide a copy of my instructions with the Somali camouflage drawings if you need it.

I am looking forward to seeing more progress :tease:

• 2 weeks later...

For the Somali one, it will be maybe superfluous to have a NM finish as a base. Their Shenyangs were in fact delivered in a whitish light gray paint and were after camouflaged in a wilde pattern of colors. In my humble opinion the Humbrol primer would be more suited to this case .