1/48 Eduard MIG-21 MF Bis SMT

Oh, joy. Pebbly surface. Another kit I gotta sand smooth. This trend has to end.

What kit are you looking at? You're seeing an *extreme* close-up under very harsh light. I don't think I'd be busting on the kit until you see it with your own eyes. *This* trend has to end, okay?

What kit are you looking at? You're seeing an *extreme* close-up under very harsh light. I don't think I'd be busting on the kit until you see it with your own eyes. *This* trend has to end, okay?

Hmm pot meet kettle? :jaw-dropping:

Oh, joy. Pebbly surface. Another kit I gotta sand smooth. This trend has to end.

your not fair

images shown are at least 4 to 5 times bigger than real model.

so, that little granularity seen, might ends up being a very smooth surface...

a smoother surface could end up being very glossy...

Guys,

Let me clarify - the images I've made for in-progress article are really not 100% perfect.

Surface is smooth and not shiny gloss. And thats why it could look pebbly to someone...

Thx

S.

Hmm pot meet kettle? :thumbsup:

Busting a kit because it's "pebbly" in extreme closeup is not the same thing for busting a kit because it doesn't resemble the real thing and the manufacturer has missed major points. The world, contrary to what you may believe, is not black and white.

I don't recall, when was this kit first announce?

IIRC it was in ~2007-2008. Long time coming, but it sure looks to be worth the wait! Especially now that the F-13 thru bis, plus a UM have been announced. I can feel my stolen joy returning! :worship:

Busting a kit because it's "pebbly" in extreme closeup is not the same thing for busting a kit because it doesn't resemble the real thing and the manufacturer has missed major points. The world, contrary to what you may believe, is not black and white.

Indeed I would agree that in your example they are not the same. However, busting on a kit and/or manufacturer based on grainy images or even less, when one has never set eyes on the plastic, would be similar or the same, yes?

Yes, if that were the case, I would agree with you. I don't remember having myself ever busted a kit just based on some "grainy images". But I don't need to waste my money on a kit when I've seen very clear, detailed photos of it and it's clearly wrong, do I? Do you? Remember the Anigrand C-17? Two photos, one of the windscreen and one of the right hand sponson area were all I needed to see (as just one example).

To my way of thinking, allowing others to make a judgement on whether to buy a kit or not is the whole point of posting *good* photos and reviews of kits online (or in print). If a kit is photographed well, or I see a build review, and the kit is clearly wrong, I'll point that out where appropriate. Ultimately, what I or anyone else says should have no effect whatsoever on anyone else's decision to buy or not buy, unless that person wants it to. It's all just words.

Anyway, this is a discussion for another thread. I'm *really* looking forward to getting my Eduard MiG-21s, pebbles or no.

Edited by Jennings
IIRC it was in ~2007-2008. Long time coming, but it sure looks to be worth the wait! Especially now that the F-13 thru bis, plus a UM have been announced. I can feel my stolen joy returning! :cheers:

Eduard had started gathering infos in 2006: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=102565

Hi,

I know a lot less about Mig-21's than you guys, but I'm sure this one will be an upgrade compared to the OEZ one that I've been building lately. :cheers:

I hope that this kit will be a great success for Eduard and that they'll do the F-13 just as nicely. I can see a Red Eagles F-13 in my future.

Cheers, Stefan.

Did anyone else buy the limited edition from the site, and when are they expected to come to America....

just asking cause I am seeing the kits pop up at Hobby Shop....

-Jim

Jim,

I bought two kits and two sets of the over trees from Eduard direct. My transaction still shows as "in progress" on their site, but I think I read somewhere that it should ship around 3/15. However, I cannot remember where I read that info.

Did anyone else buy the limited edition from the site, and when are they expected to come to America....

just asking cause I am seeing the kits pop up at Hobby Shop....

-Jim

Eduard has said the pre-orders will start shipping on 15 March, and those orders get first shipping priority. Anything going to distributors will come later.

Eduard has said the pre-orders will start shipping on 15 March, and those orders get first shipping priority. Anything going to distributors will come later.

This can not be true, first Profipack kits arrived in the shops already.

This can not be true, first Profipack kits arrived in the shops already.

I think shops in the Czech Republic might be an exception. I wouldn't look for Squadron or Sprue Brothers to have them before the pre-orders.

Thanks for all the ingo...after all the in-progress on Eduards Facebook updates, I am going mad!! This special order has loads of extras...WHOOHHOOOOOO!!!

I think their evil plan is working! Mwaaaahahahaha!! I can see the trade balance of the Czech Republic going strongly positive as a result of this kit!

dr_evil.jpg

Is it just me or does the face on that figure resemble the kid in the old Speed Racer cartoon???

I was thinking more Gowron, the Klingon Chancellor.

Gowron.jpg

"You will die, slowly... Duras!"