1/48 Eduard MIG-21 MF Bis SMT

Wow, that is disappointing news. I'll wait for the December newsletter, to see what they have to say about giving us the same fuselage.

Not sure if there's anything disappointing about the information above Pollie.

We'll publish more information+comparison photos of both kits - MT/SMT vs BIS. Tomorrow!

In the end, I guess it will be up to you, modelers(individually), who will decide whether or not it's disappointing or accurate...

I guess i am the only one that will buy it anyway. :D Personally i have always seen the difference between the noses, however, i cant see that "whole nose area is different" like Libor is saying. Personally i see change only at the tip. So i think if diameter is increased and the nose ring is shorter, it will be fine. IMHO.

I think, it is ok, based on the photos shown, it will be the best Mig 21 bis (Lybia and Angola) since today and I will buy two of them, build them after the two MFs (Egypt and Uganda) and then wait for the F to buy also two of them (Syria and Egypt).

My money says that like the original 1/32 Bf109E with the horrible mis-shapen canopy, eventually more enlightened heads will prevail and Eduard and a new 'bis' fuselage will be forthcoming.

That is highly improbable. You see, the Bf 109E canopy issue was an actual and real error of ours. We had admitted and fixed it, for free.

We've invested lot of time into research of the BIS and that is why we're absolutely convinced of "our" truth. It's also why you shouldn't expect any fixes for this kit in the future. There will be none, simply because there is nothing to fix. I believe our point of view on this won't change over time.

We've done the mistake once, don't want to repeat it, trust me:)

... according to Eduard's truth. Please enlighten us Libor.

We're currently preparing another article about our MiG-21BIS. This one is written by Vladimir Sulc himself and will show you photos of the first-ever-built MiG-21BIS. Please stay tuned to our websites until then...

Interesting. So there's *the* truth, and then there's Eduard's "truth"?

I wish my world worked that way!

According to Kierkegaard, objective truths are final and static, subjective truths are continuing and dynamic...

Wow, model building and philosophy :rolleyes:

bis pictures up on eduard b www.eduard.com/blog/mig-21bis-gabors-nose-photos/

This is PERFECT customer relation management, kudos to Eduard! I can't judge the last 1/100 mm, but for me it looks fine. My only wish would be, please Eduard call it "bis", not "BIS"!

I dont think there is a deffinition like : Gabor's nose. There is a real aircraft nose, that I have shown, photographed, measured for Eduard and to all on the forums. I didnt add anything to it so it is not my nose but that of the real aircraft.

Dear Floggerman,

The question of BIS v. Bis and bis has been around since the spring. All Russian documentation, Russian aviation history books (the serious ones) and aviation experts have the bis name. There must be a reason why Eduard has chosen the BIS form, but it is not a right choice. No further comment on this.

Best regards

Gabor

There must be a reason why Eduard has chosen the BIS form, but it is not a right choice. No further comment on this.

If it's written in capital letters, perhaps someone thinks BIS is an acronym ?

So when exactly is Mr.Ć ulc online to answer questions?

PS: If one flip between picture 5 and 6, it is clearly seen they only changed the ring it self, as expected.

Edited by Berkut

After all these years I believe that I've finally realized what make the bis nose look different: the bis has a Hawker Sea Fury nose ! There's a kink in the top of the nose profile but it's located in the top vent area where there's the vent depression. It visible only if you look the left side of the plane because the PVD base hides the area if you look at the right side. The cross section of the front nose half is circular while the one of the rear nose half is elliptical. The transition is done where the top vent is placed

http://cdn-www.airli...4/0/1177046.jpg ... the transition from circular to elliptical is progressive all along the nose

http://www.friweb.hu...tos/photo3.html ... the transition is very abrupt and located where the top event is

Edited by Laurent