1/48 Eduard MIG-21 MF Bis SMT

Somewhere in these pages I read that Testors Flat Beret Green (small square bottle)was a good match for certain MiG 21 colors.Either in the engine AB section or the radome panels.Anyone remember or know what I am talking about? Thanks.

• 2 years later...

In the latest Eduard INFO magazine Mr. Sulc is saying that the re-release of the original MiG-21MF kit contains some redesigned panel lines to conform more to the main production batch of the MF series.

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE “NEW” RE-RELEASE KIT???

What are the differences from the original kit?

Apart from the statement by Mr. Sulc in the Editorial there are no other clues that I could find on Eduards site as to what has been changed. It would be nice to know.

Best regards

Gabor

That's probably an error in translation of the English version of Info. They didn't change the plastic but the PE fret. In the Czech version he states that they redesigned the cockpit side panels to better suit the MF version. Originally the design of the PE side panels was based on MFN version which differs from the MF (control boxes for new transponder, collision lights etc.), so for the reissue they decided to rework the PE to suit the nonupgraded MF more.

That's probably an error in translation of the English version of Info. They didn't change the plastic but the PE fret. In the Czech version he states that they redesigned the cockpit side panels to better suit the MF version. Originally the design of the PE side panels was based on MFN version which differs from the MF (control boxes for new transponder, collision lights etc.), so for the reissue they decided to rework the PE to suit the nonupgraded MF more.

Hi JBr,

So it is clear now. I was surprised to read the words of Mr. Sulc that they changed the kit. If it was a serious idea to modify the kit to the main producton batch of the Type 96 (MiG-21MF) then a lot of panel lines should have been changed on it. And to make all those changes on the press mold is a costly idea.

Thanks for clearing the point!

Best regards

Gabor