ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
172flogger

1/48 Eduard MIG-21 MF Bis SMT

There will be none, simply because there is nothing to fix.

... according to Eduard's truth. Please enlighten us Libor.

... according to Eduard's truth. Please enlighten us Libor.

We're currently preparing another article about our MiG-21BIS. This one is written by Vladimir Sulc himself and will show you photos of the first-ever-built MiG-21BIS. Please stay tuned to our websites until then...

Interesting. So there's *the* truth, and then there's Eduard's "truth"?

I wish my world worked that way!

Interesting. So there's *the* truth, and then there's Eduard's "truth"?

I wish my world worked that way!

According to Kierkegaard, objective truths are final and static, subjective truths are continuing and dynamic...

Wow, model building and philosophy :rolleyes:

bis pictures up on eduard b www.eduard.com/blog/mig-21bis-gabors-nose-photos/

This is PERFECT customer relation management, kudos to Eduard! I can't judge the last 1/100 mm, but for me it looks fine. My only wish would be, please Eduard call it "bis", not "BIS"!

This is how a good customer relation management works.... :thumbsup: to Eduard for that

but photos are too small for better comparsion, I will wait words from experts.

I dont think there is a deffinition like : Gabor's nose. There is a real aircraft nose, that I have shown, photographed, measured for Eduard and to all on the forums. I didnt add anything to it so it is not my nose but that of the real aircraft.

Dear Floggerman,

The question of BIS v. Bis and bis has been around since the spring. All Russian documentation, Russian aviation history books (the serious ones) and aviation experts have the bis name. There must be a reason why Eduard has chosen the BIS form, but it is not a right choice. No further comment on this.

Best regards

Gabor

Good representation, but i wish pictures were bigger.

:rolleyes: : From E photos, I can tell the vague nose difference ....and I think I will get two BIS kits minimum : :woot.gif: Edited by Petarvu

There must be a reason why Eduard has chosen the BIS form, but it is not a right choice. No further comment on this.

If it's written in capital letters, perhaps someone thinks BIS is an acronym ?

Yes, pictures are up. Thanks Eduard. But still no mention if the fuselage was changed or not......

So when exactly is Mr.Šulc online to answer questions?

PS: If one flip between picture 5 and 6, it is clearly seen they only changed the ring it self, as expected.

Edited by Berkut

After all these years I believe that I've finally realized what make the bis nose look different: the bis has a Hawker Sea Fury nose ! There's a kink in the top of the nose profile but it's located in the top vent area where there's the vent depression. It visible only if you look the left side of the plane because the PVD base hides the area if you look at the right side. The cross section of the front nose half is circular while the one of the rear nose half is elliptical. The transition is done where the top vent is placed

http://cdn-www.airli...4/0/1177046.jpg ... the transition from circular to elliptical is progressive all along the nose

http://www.friweb.hu...tos/photo3.html ... the transition is very abrupt and located where the top event is

Edited by Laurent

Unfortunately I cannot see a difference between the two noses of the two kits...

Thomas

PS: I would pay 5€ more for a kit with a new fuselage.

Edited by Thomas

That is more easily seen if you flip through facebook pictures.

If it's written in capital letters, perhaps someone thinks BIS is an acronym ?

I will comment on this as on Facebook:

Some of our Finnish friends have drawn our attention to this in the beginning of this project. Their point was that Russian manuals for these machines mention "BIS" not "bis", so we kinda sticked to that.

We do know and understand the origins of this word, which actually means "second" in Italian language. From what I can see on the forums and www generally, modelers tend to use both versions. We picked BIS;)

Sorry guys for small photos on Eduard Blog. Our intention is to implement whole gallery system, which will allow us to show pictures in bigger sizes (something like on FB but bigger). We will be installing this plugin shortly for your convenience.

nada

Edited by Laurent

Bis is return of band on stage, when concert is finished, to start playing few songs again... for example :woot.gif:

Bis is return of band on stage, when concert is finished, to start playing few songs again... for example :woot.gif:

bis is "repeat" in musical scriptures.

I admit I am very disappointed with the lack of a new fuselage. That said, it may be possible to convert the kit's MF profile to the bis profile by adding some subtle "circular mass" with some sheet styrene and putty to the nose forward of the cooling vent. Probably difficult and risky, but definitely possible. What do you think?

I admit I am very disappointed with the lack of a new fuselage. That said, it may be possible to convert the kit's MF profile to the bis profile by adding some subtle "circular mass" with some sheet styrene and putty to the nose forward of the cooling vent. Probably difficult and risky, but definitely possible. What do you think?

That may work but when I spend 60-70 usd on a kit it should be right the first time.

Thanks Laurent, I finally see why the nose looks different, I kept seeing a slight difference but I didnt know why, the line drawings all look the same from the side.