Well this was my bench almost 4 years ago when we first moved in, it hasn't looked like that since.

desk.jpg

Here is is now, sad thing is I just cleaned up last month, it was a lot worse.

bench.jpg

I am however willing to bet I'm in the top 5 for the view out the window from the model bench. :bandhead2:

halfdomesnow.jpg

Aaronw, that outside view is gorgeous. And that cat is pretty cool looking too!

i agree!

what a beautiful cat! (cool camo :bandhead2:)

and your sight is breathtaking...

Edited by mingwin

The cat is a ham, he hopped into the chair just before I took the picture. Like most cats he knows he is an exquisite specimen of the feline species. As far as colors, I'm not really sure but I'm you need an airbrush for the markings. :woot.gif:

As far as the view, it is a good part of the reason I'm willing to live several hours from a hobby shop.

bench.jpg

I absolutely love your cat! My next cat (in a few years) will be a Bengal named Spartacus. Bengals are just beautiful and have so much personality.

Oh, and I convinced my missus to let me put a 'hobby desk' in the corner in the kitchen! Woooo!

Edited by Oroka

Not to hijack a thread or anything, I'm just noticing a theme in this thread, as folks are showing off their benches (sp?).

Is it just me - or are there a lot of cat people on this forum? I'm just noticing a trend. (maybe random cat fact guy knows the percentage?)

So I guess my next question would be how does that get along with your modelling? My wife's cat (not mine - came with the wife) gets hair EVERYWHERE, and as I mentioned in my USS Missouri thread, sucker is covered with the hair like some sort of cat hair magnent, which I find terribly annoying. So how do ya'll cope?

anyhoo - back to work benches!

I used to have a cat, an all white Turkish Van. He had a basket in the corner of the workshop and would quite happily watch me build. Didn't matter what power tools I was using, whether the lathe was squeeling etc. I only sent him back in the house when I was spraying.

He loved to watch my model railroad when that was set up too.

I used to have a cat, an all white Turkish Van. He had a basket in the corner of the workshop and would quite happily watch me build. Didn't matter what power tools I was using, whether the lathe was squeeling etc. I only sent him back in the house when I was spraying.

He loved to watch my model railroad when that was set up too.

That sounds like a pretty well tempered cat!

Reminds me of my wife's cat in regard to laser pointers - apparently they're pretty to look at, but she doesn't care enough to play with it. My old German Shepard, on the other hand, thought it was the greatest thing since Frisbees (I'd say sliced bread, but I don't think that necessarily applies to dogs - though I have found out they like fried tortillias)