Wow, some of you guys have some sweet setups! Here's my workbench. On the left is the spray booth, and on the far right is my reference/additional chemicals area. I'm currently working on a Sabre, as you can see. I also desperately need to tidy up, as the wife keeps reminding me.

IMG_3019.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

mentioned in my other thread that I got a new workbench, so I figured I'd post it on here - I added the wood to it and made the shelf myself.

My bench:

newworkbench.jpg

So glad that I have an actual workbench, and not this thing anymore:

Myworkbench.jpg

That's definately an improvement over the old one! That Hustler is looking good, also!

RYAN.

Thanks! It's a night and day difference; and great having so much room to work with! The Hustler is coming along nicely - should have the first few coats of paint on it tomorrow, and decals NLT than tuesday, or so I hope :) . I think my chances are good - I've stuck to my timeline pretty well so far, and the hard part is over with. I'll have more pics up tomorrow in the GB thread.

Later!

Justin

My modeling corner of the man cave. Not normally this cluttered, I promise!!

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

My pink spit is in the decaling phase, and my Widgeon is patiently waiting on the side line. Close to the window is my to do pile, with two 109s, topped by bits and bobs from an old Esci Bell 206 kit.

IMG_2277.jpg

And my stash, not big...but big enough to start bugging the wife...

Ken

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The Original Inspiration:

Tools:

2010_0121ModelingWorkspace0003.jpg

More Inspiration:

After I saw MikeV`s solution of storing tool I had to build my own version so here it is! Have to say it works great! I was so pleased with it that I cleaned my entire work bench and work room.

Here´s my small room and my new tool holder:

CIMG2341.jpg

Here is my layout before:

tools-01.jpg

Four tool containers

tools-02.jpg

Small tool holder

tools-03.jpg

Wooden box acting like shelves

tools-04.jpg

Small tool holder (empty)

tools-05.jpg

Wooden box (empty)

Edited by Midway Sailor

The Vision: Take the small tool holder, expand it quite a bit & mount it on top of the wooden box that was pretending to be shelving.

Here is the end result:

tools-06.jpg

Made of poplar & pine. 36" wide and 11 1/2" tall at the back. Raised base, allowing trays to be slid inside.

tools-07.jpg

89 holes drilled in three sizes

tools-08.jpg

Filled with tools of the trade

tools-09.jpg

Left side close up

tools-10.jpg

Right side close up

Ok, here's mine taken 10 minutes ago. I share a room in the house with my wife who paints.

First the workbench itself. From IKEA.

Currentbench1.jpg

Wall in my corner of the room.

Currentbench2.jpg

My laptop and shelf with supplies, decals, Dremel, and my Osprey.

Currentbench3.jpg

Bookshelf with reference, misc. books and magazines. Oh yeah and gaurd #2 (Clyde).

Currentbench4.jpg

Currentbench5.jpg

The stash. (Yeah I know. Not much of one. Hey I just got back into it.)

Currentbench6.jpg

Under the workbench is gaurd #1 (Missy, The Ninja)

Cuurentbench7.jpg

Currentbench8.jpg

• 4 months later...

I decided I should add a few pics of my bench also. It is in our 1 bedroom apartment and doubles as my Wife's drawing table, so everything has to be put away.

022.jpg

here is my re-purposed tavkle box that holds all my tools and paints. all my paints are numbered sequentially as I buy them and I have an alphebatised list taped to the inside of the lid so I know whats what

023.jpg

and here is one of my two display shelves. you can just see our plastic, drawered organiser to the left that again, my model supplies share with my wife's drawing supplies

024.jpg

Not much but I do have master plans for when we buy a hous :gr_devil:

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000

The Vision: Take the small tool holder, expand it quite a bit & mount it on top of the wooden box that was pretending to be shelving.

Here is the end result:

tools-06.jpg

Made of poplar & pine. 36" wide and 11 1/2" tall at the back. Raised base, allowing trays to be slid inside.

tools-07.jpg

89 holes drilled in three sizes

tools-08.jpg

Filled with tools of the trade

tools-09.jpg

Left side close up

tools-10.jpg

Right side close up

I bookmarked this for ideas, hope you don't mind. :thumbsup: By the way, where did you get the Midway lithograph? Love it, lot of my squadron mates were on the Midway and heard many many stories, mostly of the P.I.!! :cheers:

• 1 month later...

I bookmarked this for ideas, hope you don't mind. :thumbsup: By the way, where did you get the Midway lithograph? Love it, lot of my squadron mates were on the Midway and heard many many stories, mostly of the P.I.!! :cheers:

The print came from the USS Midway Museum in San Diego, CA. As you can see from the banner in my signature, I have a history with the ship and have been associated with the museum since it opened in 2004.

As for the stories you heard about the PI..... They were all true! :P

Edited by Midway Sailor

The print came from the USS Midway Museum in San Diego, CA. As you can see from the banner in my signature, I have a history with the ship and have been associated with the museum since it opened in 2004.

As for the stories you heard about the PI..... They were all true! :P

I like your banner quote, you might also be a jet mech if you've ever eaten a sandwich black hand print on it. Or if you've ever used jp-5 to clean greasy footprints from the shop floor before zone inspection :D

Edited by rightwinger26
  • 2 years later...

Finally broke down and made myself a shelving unit to hold all my paints. It's made out of 3/4" red oak, stained with ZAR Provincial stain and, 3 coats of Minwax semi-gloss poly spray. The poly was sanded between coats and there are 4 adjustable shelves. This is the beginning of my hobby room makeover, next up countetops with red oak edging.

Steve

IMG_4228_zps330f8fe8.jpg

IMG_4230_zps192004d6.jpg