Hi guys, hull finished just left off the head/rear lamps for painting ordered some AM chains as the pe one's look cr#p..

100_0138-2.jpg

100_0139-2.jpg

gun built up well not as poor a fit between the plastic & alum barrel as the T34/85..

100_0140-1.jpg

just to give an idea of size the turret next to Dragons 38T..

100_0137-2.jpg

Hey Andy, looking good so far, but please note the following.

Keep parts away from the Dirt bin, :thumbsup:

Do not place model on the floor :thumbsup:

Later

G

Don't I know it LoL :D

Andy.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking really good so far.

So the barrel and PE come w/ the kit, and the non-skid surfacing on the body and turret are molded on? Ive seen this kit on the shelf at my local Hobby Lobby, but havent ever picked it up. Might just have to get one now that Ive seen what the inside of the box looks like, haha.

First of all, the tank look great so far. I can't wait to see some paint on it and further progress.

Second, to Adam. Get the kit man! I've got the M1A1 and it is an awesome kit! The PE, the barrel, everything's in there, and it is a work of art! I'm not into armor that much, but this kit imresses the heck out of me.

Aaron

Hi guys, thanks for the compliments on hold at the moment till I get back from the Nat's with hopefully Legends M1 stowage set & WEM's US dessert yellow..

I have the SEP kit as well, your progess is looking good Andy.

How are you finding the fit so far? Is the mesh and etch easy to work with?

:tumble:

the mesh is a dodle to work with just drops in.

Looking really good so far.

So the barrel and PE come w/ the kit, and the non-skid surfacing on the body and turret are molded on? Ive seen this kit on the shelf at my local Hobby Lobby, but havent ever picked it up. Might just have to get one now that Ive seen what the inside of the box looks like, haha.

get the kit its the mutts nuts everything is in it that you need even MRE packs,

I'm hopping they bring out a Challenger II to this standard..

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Out of curiousity, what's the difference between an Abrams and a SEP? Looks a lot alike to my eyes.

some of the other guys on here will probably more Knowledgeable on the M1 as far as I know the A2 SEP's are new builds

while the AIM is a mid life upgrade of in service M1's to bring the tank up to current specs just like the MLU vipers.

HTH Andy.

As I recall the last new build Abrams came off the line in the early 90s. Were the A2s new builds or just upgraded A1s?

I ask this because the Australian M1A1 AIMs were refurbished US tanks. There is a great Megafactories special on the Abrams on Discovery Channel that shows some of the Aussie tanks on the refurb line and in testing.

I suspect the A2 SEPs have been through the same process as the A1s with AIM program. Total strip down and rebuild to new specs.

SEP stands for system enhancement package, most of what they did was put updated electronics in the tank as well as cutting down on fuel capacity to put a APU in the rear left which ended up turning into just a place to put extra batteries and alot of other minor changes.

• 2 weeks later...