Model Building Tutorial Series I am Doing

I recentaly started doing a youtube video series on model building. Right now I am currently working on the introductory part, talking about the various tools that are needed for this hobby. At current I have 3 videos up which can be seen at the links below:

Introduction

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Part IV:

Basic Build Techniques "Liu Bei Build Walkthrough"

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Part IV:

Part V:

Part VI:

Part VII:

Part VIII:

Part IX:

Part X:

Part XI:

Part XII:

Part XIII:

Part XIV:

Part XV:

Part XVI:

Part XVII:

Part XVIII:

Part XIX:

Part XX:

Part XXI:

Part XXII:

Part XXIII:

Part XXIV:

Part XXV:

Part XXVI:

Basic Aircraft Build: Tamyia 1/48 Gloster Meteor + V1

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Part IV:

Part V:

Part VI:

Part VII:

Part VIII:

Part IX:

Part X:

Part XI:

Part XII:

Part XIII:

Part XIV:

Part XV:

Part XVI:

Part XVII:

Part XVIII:

Part XIX:

Part XX:

Part XXI:

Advanced Aircraft Build:

Expert Aircraft Build:

Basic Armor Build: Trumpeter 1/35 T-62

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Part IV:

Part V:

Part VI:

Part VII:

Part VIII:

Part IX:

Part X:

Part XI:

Part XII:

Part XIII:

Part XIV:

Part XV: http://youtu.be/SD0gGxof7ss

Part XVI: http://youtu.be/vD7k5pbKIcs

Advanced Armor Build: Dragon 1/35 Panzer IV Ausf. H

Expert Armor Build: Dragon 1/35 Panzer IV Ausf. D

Basic Ship Build:

Advanced Ship Build:

Expert Ship Build:

Basic Car Build:

Advanced Car Build:

Expert Car Build:

Basic Resin Build:

Advanced Resin Build:

Expert Resin Build:

Basic Diorama:

Advanced Diorama:

Expert Diorama:

Edited by Ranger_Chris61

That's AWESOME!!! Being a new modeler, I myself was recently looking for those on the internet. There is some really good stuff out there like Brett Green's Tesotr's Scale Workshop and Promodellers, and spruecutters. It would be easier if it was done all under the same sn.

Keep me updated!

That's AWESOME!!! Being a new modeler, I myself was recently looking for those on the internet. There is some really good stuff out there like Brett Green's Tesotr's Scale Workshop and Promodellers, and spruecutters. It would be easier if it was done all under the same sn.

Keep me updated!

Will do, though fair warning, since I am a full time student I really do not have alot of time to work on this series. As such I will only be able to spuraticaly do additional videos.

Edited by Ranger_Chris61
I recentaly started doing a youtube video series on model building. Right now I am currently working on the introductory part, talking about the various tools that are needed for this hobby. At current I have 3 videos up which can be seen at the links below:

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

For part IV I plan to show various places online where people can buy kits and supplies. After that the plan is to do build videos showing techniques and essential how to build a model kit.

Just a little thing ... but you might want to reshoot these with a slightly cleaner background....

I'm a full time student too. Where do you go?

PS. I moved in August and I am just now bringing in my models to school! I'm pretty excited though I should not have much time either.

San Diego State University, I'm guessing your living off campus as I doubt they would allow model supllies in a dorm, though if they do power to ya.

I am living on campus. And no, I am pretty sure a highly pressurized 20lb CO2 would not be allowed in many places let alone a dorm room. I sneak things in though. Other than that theres not really a big problem. And it'll be ok so its all good. I know plenty of other people in college who keep worse things in their room anyway haha

Just a little thing ... but you might want to reshoot these with a slightly cleaner background....

That unfortuantly is something that I am SOL on, at least untill I can get my own place. However part 3 should be the last video shot like that anyway as the next one will be captured video from my computer and after that the videos will be focusing on an acutal build.

• 2 weeks later...

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

For part IV I plan to show various places online where people can buy kits and supplies. After that the plan is to do build videos showing techniques and essential how to build a model kit.

Great Job dude!

I've lately started to collect a serie of 11 aircrafts (1/72 diecasts) of the ''USN Jolly Rogers'' except for 5 of them are plastic kits wich I 'll have to do.Didn't know where to start after so much time away from modelling.I never got far anyway!! (in my teenage years ).I watched your tutorial and really found them helpfull.Thanks and can't wait to see some tips & hints on the screen!!

See ya!

Alright I was able to do a large number of videos today and have managed to get 3 of them uploaded thus far. This first set of videos is going to be primarily aimed at beginner model builders, showing basic techniques and the like. The videos can be viewed by fllowing the following links:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Part 7:

Part 8:

Part 9:

Part 10:

Part 11:

Part 12:

Part 13:

Part 14:

In these parts I finish the main assembly and showcase the use of Epoxy putty for doing major filling work. Don't know when I will get the next set ofvideos done as I will not have time most likely tomarrow or the rest of the week to work on this. I also do will not be able to work on this next weekend due to personal reasons.

AWESOME !!!!

I think this is great ..this SHOULD BE PINNED for future refrences....

I know I have seen a few modellers wanting books etc for references and what better than to actually be shown and have someone tell you what to do

and see the tools before you as he demostrates it. Modeling made Simple{ and fun}..

Better than any written manual { well some are good :thumbsup: } as you can see what is what..

BRILLIANT ..! THANK YOU Ranger _ Chris 61...

keep up the Good work....

HOLMES ;) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Another two parts are up and live, covering some more puttying, base coating, and some masking.

Chris,

It is a plus for me to follow your videos as I'm coming back slowly into this hobby .Even tough I know some guys who share some tips on the subject there's nothing like watching the process step by step.Be sure you're not doing this for nothing and hope it 'll help others like me.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Nice job, watched the first few and will continue with the rest. Is that a STEAM icon I see in your tray?

• 3 weeks later...
OK next part is up, most likely will be the next part for a little while as it is just baout the end of the semester so I will not have time to really do any more work on this project till winter break. However should I make any progress I will post.

It would be nice to get a new one for Xmas!!! Thanks a lot..

It would be nice to get a new one for Xmas!!! Thanks a lot..

Its posible, but at this point its all gonna depend on the weather. However the weather is so far been cooperating so I am planning on getting some off camera stuff done, as there are some parts that I need to paint before I do the next part, and best case I will get it up before next friday. Again that is weather dependant, which unfortuatnly is looking like its going to be a wet winter for us in SD, a major changeof pace. If that happens then I am gonna be up a creek without a paddle, as I can only paint outside.

As for what I am planning to show, I plan to talk about in the next video two different asembly approaches, as there is a shoulder piece that needs to be glued together over another part that is a differet color, after that I will show off the power that is Alclad and a general metalic color application guide, once that is done I will show gloss coating and a quicky wash tutorial, and finish with a final sealing coat and final assembly.

Now I have tenativly planed for my next video walkthrough I will be building a resin ship from the series "Legend of the Galactic Heros" In this next video I plan to disscuss the differences between working with resin and working with plastic, I am going to show how to recast parts (as I want to build myself a fleet without having to continualy buy more ships, and so as to preserve my original kit), the more intensive prep that must be done to prepare the part for assembly, pinning, the critialy important task of test fitting and filling, plus custom decal printing, and decal application.

Also expect a little update to my first post after my final's are done with, I plan to assemble all of the video links on the first post as I think that will be a little easier to access.

• 2 weeks later...

Ranger Chris I think MY suggestion of having your Tutorial pinned is GREAT.... Now we have it for ever ...And thank you for the updates with more of your tutorials..

MERRY CHRISTMAS..AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and Yours..

HOLMES