thinning Acrylics

Each particular brand is different.

Tamiya works WONDERFULLY with 90-91% alcohol. Simply Amazing stuff. They are my favorite paint to spray. You don't even really need retarder but if you add it, you might not be spraying any other paint again. Gunze paints are also pretty darn close to Tamiya so they work really well with Isopropyl alcohol.

PollyScale and Model Masters do a lot better with plain old tap water or dystilled water at least in my opinion. I have heard of others using Windex but to me water is what has worked the best. Alcohol actually makes them dry faster and you get horrible tip dry.

That's as far as my experience with paints go. People use all different kinds of things. Water, Alcohol, Windex, the own brand thinners and all the way up to brake fluid.

You might want to try some of these and let me know how it goes.

Sorry but I forgot to add. When airbrushing acrylics you are most definitely going to want to invest in a good acrylic retarder. Liquitex makes one or Createx can't remember but the search option will help you here. Also, the one I have is a brand with a Golden bottle. It works amazingly well and it will prevents the dreaded tip dry. If you add that though you can definitely do anything. You can squeeze out a little bit of paint flow and not get any tip dry.

Each particular brand is different.

Tamiya works WONDERFULLY with 90-91% alcohol. Simply Amazing stuff. They are my favorite paint to spray. You don't even really need retarder but if you add it, you might not be spraying any other paint again. Gunze paints are also pretty darn close to Tamiya so they work really well with Isopropyl alcohol.

PollyScale and Model Masters do a lot better with plain old tap water or dystilled water at least in my opinion. I have heard of others using Windex but to me water is what has worked the best. Alcohol actually makes them dry faster and you get horrible tip dry.

That's as far as my experience with paints go. People use all different kinds of things. Water, Alcohol, Windex, the own brand thinners and all the way up to brake fluid.

You might want to try some of these and let me know how it goes.

Would that be de natured or Isopropyl alcohol?

I love Tamiya's thinner but word on the street is that it is just Isopropyl alchohol + retarder.

Cleaning- Windex (with Ammonia) works great. I also use something called Simple Green found in most grocery markets now near the Windex.

im not an acrylic user, but what do you use to thin them and clean ur brush or airbrush?

All depends.

I've used Tamiya Lacquer thinner, Mr Thinner with Retarder and Gianoties lacquer Thinner successfully with the Following Acrylics:

Tamiya, Gunze Aquinous, and even Testors Acryl paint, but I only did that with one color and want to experiment with them more.

For Lifecolor, use their Thinner or even water, and spray at high pressure.

For clean up for all of them, I use Windex or household lacquer thinner (which you don't want anywhere near plastic, The hobby brand Lacquers are made of different materials that are plastic friendly) if they get dried up.