'Birdcage' Corsair and Ki100 Builds

Figured it was my turn to contribute some of my stuff after enjoying all the builds on here for so long. It's been a banner event anyway...I finished more than one model in a year, and at this rate, I may even have a TA-4J finished before long.

Anyway, the first up is a Tamiya Birdcage Corsair. I love Tamiya's Corsairs, and this is the 4th or 5th I've built. I used Sky Models decals for 'Marine's Dream' since it's the unusual Blue-Grey over Light Gull Grey that was briefly used before the tricolor scheme took over.

birdcage1.jpg

birdcage27.jpg

birdcage19.jpg

Next up is the Hasegawa Ki100 'Razorback' that I just finished. I started it about 18 months ago, and figured I had better finish it, since it's too nice of a kit to let languish in the 'to-do' pile... Decals are from AVI Print's 'B-29 Hunters' sheet.

ki1001.jpg

ki1005.jpg

ki1002.jpg

Hope you enjoy. All critiques are appreciated.

Jeff

Earl's Hobby Hangar

Oops. Guess I should have double-checked the post to see what the pics actually looked like. I've resized them, and hopefully they work better now.

Thanks for the replies. As for the Ki100, the reference pictures I have found show either a lightly weathered, well-kept bird, or one that looks like what the cat dragged in...I went with the well-kept one this time.

Jeff

Earl's Hobby Hangar

Wow - that Corsair is making me jealous! Really nice finish and I also like that 2 toned paint that was used briefly. The canopies on both kits are very well done - I know its supposed to be 'simple' but I am never satisfied with my canopies. Well done!