1/48 Academy Mig-21MF - EAF 70's

I'll be doing a mig-21 MF. I want to build an egyptian bird from the 70's era during the conflicts with israel.

I will be using an aires cockpit, eduard PE set + masks and quickboost vertical tail + air scoops.

This is the status of the kit as I am entering this GB

Fotografia0234.jpg

Fotografia0235.jpg

Edited by David Kalosi
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The quickboost stuff arrived :)))

I've managed to attach the spine and the verical stab

photo.jpg

Not very satisfied - the vertical stabilizator is bent a little bit to the left :worship:(( I've managed to heat it up with a hairdrier and bend it back, it's getting better but still not perfect.

A little bit of filling, sanding and I am ready to prime the airframe ....

And I will built this exact bird - it's one of the planes flown by soviet pilots during the war of attrition.

mig-21mg-egypt.jpg

Edited by David Kalosi
  • 4 weeks later...

I have done some painting work, the underside with tamiya XF23 and the camo with gunze 309 and 313. the basics are done, I still have to correct some places but it's getting close. next steps will be finishing the undercarriage, the pilons and weapon loadout.

various assembled PE parts (speedbrages, gear whell doors ... )

Fotografia0274.jpg

and the almost finished camo

Fotografia0275.jpg

Fotografia0276.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The work on the mig is finally resumed. I have corrected the camo and some overspray, painted the exhaust with various alclad shades (jet exhaust, pale burnt metal and stainless steel) and sprayed a first coat of gloss coat. The landing gear is assembled, I just need to add some plumbing to it.

I have primed the missiles and the weapon pylons. I have no camera at the moment so no pics :cheers:((

Today I painted the missiles and weapon pylons, did a little more touch up work in the main gear wells as well with the gear doors - drybrushing and detail painting them. Next step is some weathering first with tamyia smoke and later with a light wash. Meanwhile I have started decaling the mig - the upper half is done. The decals are and old sheet from HADecal - they are etremly thin and fragile, I have torn apart one of the round insignias ... thank god that I have 2 sheets. I did just the upper half, i'll better wait untill it's completely dry and tomorrow I'll do the bottom of the fuselage ... Still have to make the arabic number decal using lazertran decal sheet ... will work on that tomorrow.

here is a fresh picture of the mig

IMG_0112.JPG