Your favorite prop

Tamiya 1/48th razorback P-47

Tamiya 1/48t FW-190A-8

Tamiya 1/48th BF-109E

Tamiya 1/48th F4U-1 Corsair (Birdcage)

Tamiya 1/48th P-51B

Those are my favorites in order of preference

beyond these, I'm fond of the Hasegawa 1/48th Bf-109 series, particularly the G-6, G-14, G-10, and K-4

The Trumpeter 1/48th MiG-3

Hasegawa 1/48th Henschel -129.

Anything else would be spur of the moment. Hal Sr :salute: :D :D B)

Edited by Hal Marshman Sr
Tamiya 1/48th razorback P-47

The Trumpeter 1/48th MiG-3

Those two. But instead of razorback i prefer bubble version. I don't have the P-47 in stash, and haven't build it, but i know it is fantastic kit, based on pictures and reviews. Have build Trump MiG-3 tho.

1/48 Bearcat(Academy kit, because they give the parts to build -1, -1B and -2)

1/48 Skyraider(Tamiya, though the Revell can be made into a nice model)

S2F Tracker(Hasegawa), though only in 1/72(WE NEED A 1/48 kit of this)

AF-2 Guardian(RVHP)WE ALSO NEED A 1/48 of this.

AJ-2 Savage(MACH 2, what a turd) WE NEED A NEW 1/72 kit of this.

I would think mine is the P-51, yet subconsciously it might actually be the C-130.

Have built more Italeri c-130s then any other kit, but if I recall right I like the Airfix C-130E.

None has made the -30J yet, if they did, that would most likely be my Favorite kit.

C-130J? What is wrong with the Italeri J kits (in 1/72 and 1/48)?

-30J is stretched I think... He's not talking about the C-130J...just a guess.

For my favorite prop....You get one guess!

The good old Herk.

As far as kits go I think they all suck and require a herculean effort to make good for me. Pun intended.

Curt

-30J is stretched I think... He's not talking about the C-130J...just a guess.

Ah, OK, the C-130J-30. Got it!

Two Italeri kits, then. :stooges:

I seem to recall that the 1/72 kit included instructions on how to do the bash using the fuselage from a second kit. Didn't look all that hard to do.

Spitfires of course.

In Gentleman's scale (1/72) Airfix and Italeri for Mk.V, Airfix for Mk.II, Italeri & Hasegawa for two speed/two stage and Fujimi for Griffins. Tho I'll entertain building any including the PM Mk.Vc.

In 1/48 scale, Tamiya for Mk's. I/V, ICM for two speed/two stage and Airfix for Mk.22/24.

As for the soon to be blessed by Tamiya 1/32 scale, Hasegawa/Revell for Mk's I/V, Pacific Coast for Mk.IX and Matchbox for the Mk.22/24.

G

The Problem with the C-130J kit is the engine Nacelles look nothing like the real thing.

The B-17 Old Revell, Hasegawa and Minicraft and Rareplanes Y1b-17

Minicraft B-24

Airfix old mold C-130 Italeri C 130 next.

Monogram B-36

Hasegawa, P3 Orion and P2V Neptune.

Cheers

S-

no one would guess..... but I like Skyraiders ( :lol: ) - and my favorite kit is of course the Tamiya boxing of the H and J versions - though I specifically prefer the J!

(I read the book The A-1 Skyraider: The Flying Dumptruck as a kid, and the A-1 has had a special place in my heart ever since....wish I still had the book :crying2: )

It's got to be the Hasegawa 1/72nd B-26B/C kit.I have built 3 of them. I've got the Hasegawa B-26F/G kit but have not built it up yet. I plan on doing "DeeFeater"for my B-26 historian buddy Alf with this kit. I think it's a 386BG or a 387Bg bird in natural metal finish with od on the upper surface. The old Airfix Marauder kit has "DeeFeater" decals I hope they are still usable.

I wish Hasegawa would build the kit in 1/48 scale. At present I am completing the old ESCI Marauder 1/48 kit, but borrowed props off the monogram 1/48 kit in addition to kit blasting, and adding aftermarket PW-2800's made for the monogram/revell kits.

Don923 (flylo)

Its the Corsair

And until Tamiya comes out with its all new tool, super deluxe, "master series" 1/32 or 1/24 F4U, then it will have to be the 1/48 Tamiya Corsairs....

ok - I like the 1/48 Hase ones too....just a notch below the tamiya ones.

Oh, so many! Do I really have to choose just one?

Here are several of my "favorite-est" props and the kits I like best for each:

F8F Bearcat; in 1/72 I like the Sword kits (but the old Monogram kit holds up very well even after 42 years!); in 1/32, the Trumpeter (in spite of all those !@#$%^ inaccurate rivets!)

T-6 Texan; in 1/72 the Academy kit

A6M Zero: in 1/72, Hasegawa, Tamiya for 1/48 and 1/32

MiG-3: in 1/72 HobbyBoss (most accurate exterior, shape and dimensions, lousy cockpit); I've built the ICM in 1/48 but have not been able to compare it to the Trumpeter; I have several copies of the 1/32 Trumpeter and it looks great

F4F Wildcat: in 1/72 (no contest) Hasegawa; in 1/48 Tamiya

I love Spitfires, but I'm no expert, so will leave a kit recommendation to someone who knows the subject better than I.

cheers

Old Blind Dog