Um Models Me109?

No buts about it Kevin.....good quality models by UM. They take a bit more work than your cookie-cutter Hasegawa, Tamiya or Fujimi kits but still have excellent quality and nicely engraved panel lines.

Greg

I have fondled the plastic on a few of their models, and one thing to watch for is that some of the kits had the clear pieces frosted and would need vac replacements. Not all kits though, so if you get one, check yours before you get into the build and realize you need a new canopy

Kevin,

The full engine is really the only pitfall of this kit. As enticing as it is to have this included the fit is somewhat difficult. However, it is a nice enough kit and not overly difficult to build.

Greg

Hi. I agree with my fellow modellers, just wanted to add that, for example, in the Finland boxing you have a lot of weapons options that are not available in the other boxings...I have got this boxing and it is really a nice looking model, i can´t tell you about the building process as I haven´t started it, but it looks great!.

IMHO

Best,

Juan

:thumbsup:

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the link....

I think I will try to compare the sprues from the Hasegawa and see if there is much difference detail wise.

If the Hasegawa is more detailed, I think I would rather spend a few extra dollars.

Maybe Eduard would be so kind as to make some 48th 109's soon.

Thanks, Kevin

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the link....

I think I will try to compare the sprues from the Hasegawa and see if there is much difference detail wise.

If the Hasegawa is more detailed, I think I would rather spend a few extra dollars.

Maybe Eduard would be so kind as to make some 48th 109's soon.

Thanks, Kevin

From looking at the sprues and having built or building the Hase G-6 I can't see a clear advantage to the kit outside of the engine if your looking for that...and I see possible fit issues with the way the cowling is laid out.

Hasegawa Bf 109G are easy enough to find on the 2nd hand kit market about the same price or cheaper. It reminds me of the ICM Bf 109F that scale and I looked at that kit real-time and decided I could get the Hasegawa boxings cheaper most the time with a little patience...