Looking for a 1/72 scale Space Shuttle

I thought I'd post this in here, as there's a good chance those reading this section might have one.

Anyway, I'm interested in either the Revell or Monogram kit. I'd like to trade some 1/48th scale plane kits but I'll buy the kit, too.

Please email me direct (Hornethappy@gmail.com).

Thanks,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

How much does shipping cost on something that big? I just got back from the PO and paid $7.60 just to send a 1/48 Monogram Marauder kit, which weighted 1 1/2 pounds and fit in a priority mail shipping box. Shipping something like a Space Shuttle is going to be a lot more since it's heavier and it gets into the "oversize" package category which drives the rates through the roof.

The fascist PO rates are mainly what keep me from trying to sell any big kits.

How much does shipping cost on something that big? I just got back from the PO and paid $7.60 just to send a 1/48 Monogram Marauder kit, which weighted 1 1/2 pounds and fit in a priority mail shipping box. Shipping something like a Space Shuttle is going to be a lot more since it's heavier and it gets into the "oversize" package category which drives the rates through the roof.

Within the USA, UPS Ground is a better choice for shipping large bulky kits, especially since tracking & insurance is included. I recently shipped a 1/16 IMEX V-2 at a price the buyer was more than happy with.

Hth, Rob

Edited by Rob_Owens

Thanks for the help guys! I haven't been on the board for a while and didn't realize there were replies.

Anyway, I made a trade for a Monogram 1/72 Shuttle and stack.

As far as shipping goes, I thought it was really reasonable. I sent a couple of big 1/32 scale kits (package weight was 8 pounds) and Parcel Post shipping was $12.50. Considering the size of the package, I was expecting an "oversize" charge but it wasn't even measured. The shuttle and stack kit was in a pretty big box and it was shipped for the same price. This was from NM to CA and I'm sure to the East coast would have been higher.

Maybe those rates only apply to Priority Mail.