Great job Mike :thumbsup:

Thanks Ray.

I know it's not an accurate Mig, but I'm happy with the results. And I learned a lot during the build.

Thanks again to all the cool people who post tips and tricks and the inspirational pics that keep us all going. I need to get a better camera too. I'll probably do an overall oil wash (to bring out more detail) before I'm done. Watch out when I get to my other zvezda mig-21.

- Mike

Edited by mgrandison
The PFM or the Bis kit ?

Best I can figure on all the feedback it that it's a PF - because of the canopy. Like I said before, I'll call it a "jerry-rig" North Vietnam version - like they'd scrounge anything to get another bird in the air.. but, I'm not an expert. It was a fun build.

- Mike

ps. The Box Art in the photos just says, "Mikoyan Mig-21"

Edited by mgrandison
I was asking about Zvezda kit you're planning to do in fact.

The box says, "MiG-21PFM Phantom Killer" and the artwork shows the MiG taking off w/ some help from two rockets.

It seems to be a nicely detailed kit. I'm sure it will be a fun build.

- Mike

The box says, "MiG-21PFM Phantom Killer" and the artwork shows the MiG taking off w/ some help from two rockets.

It seems to be a nicely detailed kit. I'm sure it will be a fun build.

Ok. Yes it's a nice kit. I'd love to replicate the boxart with the model (model taking off with RATO rockets) but I don't know how to do the flames.

You're not an accuracy freak but there's something that you could eventually do if you think it's worth it. You could sand down the nose cone base so that the cone doesn't stick out so much. There are other things but I'm not sure if you want to know.

Ok. Yes it's a nice kit. I'd love to replicate the boxart with the model (model taking off with RATO rockets) but I don't know how to do the flames.

You're not an accuracy freak but there's something that you could eventually do if you think it's worth it. You could sand down the nose cone base so that the cone doesn't stick out so much. There are other things but I'm not sure if you want to know.

Thanks for the advise Laurent. I may have some other models in line before I get to building this one.

Mike