A real war veteran , the Finger No. 12, converted from the old Revell Mirage kit.

As Dagger C-412 it took part in the first mission during the Malvinas War and survived many others.

Later was converted to Finger. The two ship markings represent the attacks on HMS Arrow (1st May '82) and HMS Brillant (21st May '82).

Before that, as an Israeli Nesher, it surely took part in the desperate battles of the 1973 war.

Unfortunately I was not able to trace it's Nesher serial number so i don't know of it's exploits in Israeli markings.

I used Humbrol enamels (166 with a drop of 127) and decals from FCM and Hi-Planes- both behaved beautifully.

The nose, cockpit , exhaust and bangseat are resin, home made. I used a Hi-planes vacu canopy.

The israeli multi-bomb rack is converted from two Hasegawa MERs and the bombs are Mk.81s from the Hasegawa weapons set No.1

1_001.JPG

2_002.JPG

3_002.JPG

4_001.JPG

5_001.JPG

6_001.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Here's what i had for inspiration when arming the Finger.

image1189618450.JPG

iaifa23np4_001.JPG

iaifa22wt6.JPG

As far as i know the Fingers still don't have any chaff/flare dispensers.

Only the similar looking Maras have the four dispensers under the exhaust:

img_18_981_5.JPG

Well done, Edd, as usual.

Before that, as an Israeli Nesher, it surely took part in the desperate battles of the 1973 war.

Unfortunately I was not able to trace it's Nesher serial number so i don't know of it's exploits in Israeli markings.

I've tried to do the same thing from time to time, but with no results. Maybe with Jorge Nunez padin's book? I know that his book on the Mirage IIICJ did have this kind of informations.

If not, only IAI or the FAA know.

By the way, who painted the aircraft in there Argentine camo when they were sold to FAA (In the early 80's)???

A new , updated book on Dagger/Finger will be released in 2010. Hopefully it will shed some light on the serials.

The Daggers were painted at IAI before delivery in the SEA type camo. There are pictures of them wearing the new camo but with Israeli roundels.

I've tried to do the same thing from time to time, but with no results. Maybe with Jorge Nunez padin's book? I know that his book on the Mirage IIICJ did have this kind of informations. If not, only IAI or the FAA know.

By the way, who painted the aircraft in there Argentine camo when they were sold to FAA (In the early 80's)???

I reccomend two books about Daggers and Fingers, both released in Argentina:

The Nuñez Padín book:

daggerh.jpg

And the Avialatina one:

tapadaggerfinger.jpg

I have both and are all excelent source. The book next to be published by Nuñez Padín will be the second part of his first book, covering post war and Finger services.

The C-412 was the former IAI C/N S-49 built 15/12/1973.

Cya

The C-412 was the former IAI C/N S-49 built 15/12/1973.

Thank you for the update!

I've seen the list in the The Nuñez Padín book but some of the corresponding serials don't match.

For instance Daggers 410 and 411 appear as s-06 and s-02 , both planes were acually lost '74 and '73.

Same for 402 s-18 and 428 s-31 both lost in '73.

404 is listed as s-12, which is for sure now in the IDF museum as the Prototype kfir.

The Avialatina book is the one i was told by the authors that it's going to be re-edited to cover the post 2004 service.

From Avialatina Book:

C/N: S-49. Build date:15/12/73. Total hours in IDF service: 454:40. Engine Bet Shemesh 09C5A s/n M-146 with 463 hours.

I think the S-49 is the IAI bureau number not the IDF serial number.

A few years ago, Argentinean technicians revealed most of the Daggers frames were built by Dassault and not by IAI.

Cya.

Thank you for the info!

I think the S-49 is the IAI bureau number not the IDF serial number.

Usually it was, but who knows...in this case we'll probably need to find a corresponding list between the IAI and IDF Neshers to see whos' who :thumbsup:.

A few years ago, Argentinean technicians revealed most of the Daggers frames were built by Dassault and not by IAI.

I guess this was suspected by many. Weird that the proof had to come all the way across the Atlantic.