1/32 Tamiya A6M5 Zero

Hello again,

Here is the Tamiya Zero in 1/32 - the build article is here but this kit simply fell together. I used Tamiya acrylics throughout and flatted with Model Master. This was an OOB build. I think I still need to work on my canopy masking and treatment of clear parts. Despite the inclusion of canopy masks by Tamiya, I still managed to get a canopy that is less than crystal clear. I am not sure how to get better at this except practice?

I did not do any exhaust staining because I am not sure how to do it convincingly. I sure wish there was a step-by-step article for this.

Here are the pictures

000_0001-2.jpg

000_0011-1.jpg

000_0002-2.jpg

000_0003-2.jpg

000_0004-3.jpg

What do you think?

Man that is outstanding Corsair. I really like the finish you did and it is just a nice model. :jaw-dropping:

I want to build this kit so bad. Tamiya is really making a run for top dog in the 1/32 scale prop market and setting the standard.

For an OOB build, thats real crazy! I suppose I could blame Tamiya for putting so much into that one kit, but the modeler has to put it together and make it fly.

Great subtle weathering and clean appearance!

David