Rotorhead reference photos?

Hi Guys,

I am wrapping up my USCG Jetranger project. As in the photo below, the blades are finished in a high visibility scheme.

CGJR24.jpg

My question is this: The inner area of rotor blades has irregularly molded lines that look like layering of the blade materials. What color would they be? Does anyone have any reference photos that show this? The only photos that I could find were of the blades in motion. Thanks in advance.

David

They seem to be the same color as the blade in all the pics I just looked at. Most -58 pics I have seen have the rotorhead assembly entirely black, and the vertical rods (pitch control rods???) are metal/silver. The lines you are talking about are supposed to be there though, don't worry.

Check out this page:

http://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/usa/h-58.html

HTH

Brandon

Black is a relative term. I agree that the blades are "black", but IMHO black is too black and using it for general painting makes a scale model look toylike. I like "dark grey" which can be anything from dark grey to nearly black without actually using black paint. I'd use Tamiya NATO Black for a new machine and a lighter shade of dark grey for something that's flown a while.

I my flights in a 206, I've made a point of checking out the blade and rotorhead colours and if I had to testify in court, I would say the blades are not black.

Thanks for listening

Cheers,

Keith

I was also thinking that you could mimic the rotorhead colors of the Jayhawks or Stingrays, or old school Coastie helos. I had just posted that link above to give some ideas, since the photos show both "black" and silver rotorheads.