Finally got a workspace cleared and got to work last night, all I got is my cruddy camera but I should have some progress pics up by tomorrow night.

Fit and finish good so far, don't really understand AMT's decsion to mold in Orange tho...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to get moving today...pics with the Camera were completely unacceptable so I grabbed a few with the phone...lol

1006090030.jpg

Assembled Sub-frame with front suspension complete

1006090030a.jpg

And after 2 top and bottom coats of Semi-Gloss Black...

1013090126.jpg

1013090126a.jpg

Should have time tomorrow to finalize paint on the floorpans and complete the engine, get more pics then

Got to borrow a camera today that does a little better job, one more of the subframe...

DSCF2935.jpg

I didn't really like this first pic of the floorpan, flash caught WAY to much of the metallic, the rest look pretty good, after I finish the engine tonight I'll be detailing the belly...

DSCF2932.jpg

DSCF2936.jpg

DSCF2937.jpg

I've been studying several photos of 70 SS's and It appears some of them left the factory with the fuel tanks and straps painted...some not, I'll have to look into in deeper...

Edited by cornfedrat
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of dryfitting today, got the main bar and x brace bent from .100 Evergreen rod for the scale NHRA 6 point cage. Body should be ready for paint by tomorrow night, once the roll cage is up to snuff and ready to drop in I'll start looking at getting the interior together...Hoping for progress pics by end week

Mike