ICM 1:72 BM13-16 Katiusha

I finished this kit not so long ago. It is a SHOCKING kit by ICM, as nothing fit, hence no spare tyre rack and a plethora of other issues mainly as I wanted it done and at the back of the cabinet.

I did debate whether to even post images online of this evil little thing in fear of ridicule et al, but figured it had to be shown in the light of day at some stage if only to warn those who have one lurking barely hidden in their stash.

I had to disassemble and relocate the front axle assembly 2mm (yes 2mm!) forward to site them properly over the front wheel arches. The windscreen (left front and rear fell in - not that you can see them) and a plethora of other issues.

Did I mention a black cat and a ladder outside the hobby store?

On a plus side, the kit (except rockets) is remarkably nicely detailed and well moulded and I did replace some parts with wire for strength. Painted with Vallejo and weathered with an oil wash and MIG pigments

The images make the model look like it is floating over the base (uhhh, the base...), which it is not! [:jaw-dropping:]

bm13-16-based-01.jpg

bm13-16-based-02.jpg

My apologies if it offends!

Cheers

Mike

Sorry to hear that kit was tough sledding, but honestly it looks great. And it's always worth fighting it out, rather than park it undone on some shelf. You've really developed a set of techniques for finishing small-scale armor, because the finish looks subtle for 1/35th scale.