J-11A(Chinese Su-27SK) in 60th National Day Parade Scheme

My new work,1/72 ICM Su-27 OOB. :woot.gif:

First come some pictures from Colonel Lin SHEN,a female aged 54!

And when these photos were taken,she was just sitting on the back seat of a PLAAF Su-27UBK! :salute:

92A5DAF2EFBB59215079F613599252C8.jpg

887F88DC12D98443175485D72ADFAC1B.jpg

FDF09252FCC4C3B3AFDB095271358FA9.jpg

6C4F9F1EFFF33AB26A2938DB752CF966.jpg

D83068B12BA3FA60B8DC4E92BDF79967.jpg

6A3D248027B9F7D81B836859BC0C2304.jpg

483D8B6FFD3D7F314B150D8DA54312F5.jpg

FF640580404C893CD292E2E9977DDCB8.jpg

Edited by haneto
Fantastic photos and fantastic build, thanks for sharing! What is your overall opinion of the kit?

Bryn

Thanks,Bryn!

It's not an easy built especially the fitting is as bad as the original Airfix kit,while details of main parts except landing gear/pylons/weapons are the same as the old Airfix kit.

But it still can be built into a best looking Flanker in 1/72 than any other kits on the market nowadays.

I would commend it to and experiecend modellers and any Flanker lovers.

Of course,plus the up coming NeOmega aftermarket goods,you can truely have a nice looking Flanker and probably the most accurate one together with 1/32 Su-27 with Zactoman's goods.

My 2 cents,

Yufei

As i said earlier, superb build. :woot.gif:

I wouldn't be able to get 1/10 of the result even if i use 10 times more time. One more question, are the wheels oob? Because the mainwheels looks very nicely detailed.

NIIICE build!!!!! in 1/72 too!! - you can probably even pass it off as 1/48 :D Where did you get those decals? :woot.gif:

too bad I wasnt able to find any 1/72 icm su-27s here in the LHS that I looked at :salute: closest thing is the mig-29....

I noticed some rivets (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) on the bird, did you do those yourself, if so WOW!!!!!!!!!!! even if not, its a superb job.

GRR i have to get off my butt and work harder :P

David

As i said earlier, superb build. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be able to get 1/10 of the result even if i use 10 times more time. One more question, are the wheels oob? Because the mainwheels looks very nicely detailed.

I agree! great work Haneto! We wait for yours 1/32 :thumbsup::whistle:

Thanks,guys!

I applied two junk parts from Eduard Su-27 PE set on the main wheel disk,sorry,not OOB here.:)

But the original wheel parts are still nice enough.

I used the GSI Mr.Color Super Metal series on the engine covers.

The lighter metal colour is SM04 Super Titanium while the other area(darker ones) is SM03 Super Iron.

After the paint dried,Tamiya Weathering Master set D(burnt blue) was applied for some touch up work.

That's all!Easy job,right? :whistle:

The Chinese national flag decalwas bought from an online hobbyshop inside China mainland.

The decal is home made and very thick to use.

I used Tamiya cement(green cap) for the softner at last,and it worked! :thumbsup:

The PLAAF signal and yellow tactical numbers are from my friend's original resin kit J-10Q's decal.

You can find the resin kit on Ebay by searching "J-10Q". :thumbsup:

Hope to be helpful!

Yufei

Fantastic work, as usual Haneto - you are now the Flanker Man :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is in no way a crticism of your work - its more about the ICM kit - and that Hasegawa canopy.

I know you all think that the Airfix canopy is too small - but I reckon that with the Hasegawa canopy, the ICM Flanker one is now too big !!!

It is only slight - but check out these two photos............

The first is Haneto's excellent ICM Flanker.....

hanetos%20flanker.jpg

.... and this is the real thing - as close to a side view I have got....

real%20flanker.jpg

It isn't much - but I reckon that Hasegawa canopy is too tall....

What do you guys think ???

Cheers

Ken

PS - I just noticed the curve of the spine - never noticed before that it is also wrong - Airfix & ICM

Yep,you are right,Ken!

The Hasegawa kit canopy is too tall which I reliazed in my last Airfix built.

So I chose to make the master and vacform the canopy myself.

Here is the result:

08.jpg

But one thing,ICM did the nosecone correctly(compared with Slylark's real thing references.)

I insert 0.5mm plastic sheet on the upper half of the nosecone during assembling and after sanding you can get the problem solved.

The too large Hasegawa windshield/canopy makes the nosecone looks a bit small while the size is correct on ICM kit.

We are still waiting for a champion......

The authorized Flanker man II——Yufei :thumbsup:

:worship:

the other build is friggin sweet too!

I have lots to learn just from this thread. Now I just need to get an icm flanker.... and start crying over the rivets

The shape OOB is darn close to the real thing though. I dont think we've seen a single "perfect" OOB flanker produced to date, in any scale (do correct me if I'm wrong). Yufei did an amazing job, scratching together bits and pieces to make, perhaps, the one and only 1/72 Chinese National Parade scheme flanker - literally with flying colors.

Lookng forward to seeing more from FlankymanII :P Thanks Yufei!

David

Edited by konbini

Thanks for the nice comments,Comrades!

多谢鼓励!

PS:我女朋友这几天在新加坡旅游,明天就回来了,可惜这次我没时间陪她。

One more shot with the ZSh-7AP helmet.

It's the standard flight helmet in PLAAF SU-27SK/J-11 regions.

3F91E13424565B8CBB3953131827146B.jpg

Yufei

haha

qi ta ren yin gai dou kan bu dong ba... dui bu qi yong yi xia pinyin really hao hao kan!!

XD

David

多谢!

原来台湾的拼音输入法和大陆一样,还头一回知道,是不是用注音符打汉字的更多些?

Taiwan de pin yin shi bu tai yi yang ba... gang cai de shi putonghua de... dan shi you yi xie da cuo le ba ^^ wo ping shi (??? probably wrong there too) dou wui yong yin wen da de..

btw,

for thet icm nose - does the quickboost 1/72 nose fix/help the icm kit? thanks!

Taiwan de pin yin shi bu tai yi yang ba... gang cai de shi putonghua de... dan shi you yi xie da cuo le ba ^^ wo ping shi (??? probably wrong there too) dou wui yong yin wen da de..

btw,

for thet icm nose - does the quickboost 1/72 nose fix/help the icm kit? thanks!

I see.

"ping shi" is correct but "yin gai" should be "ying gai". :worship:

Quicboost nosecone is for Hasegawa kit and the diameter is too large for ICM/Airfix ones.

So you can also say the Quickboost nosecone is incorrect in diameter size for a 1/72 Flanker.

Actually it should be applied for the prototype Su-35/37,which nosecone is fatter than normal Su-27s.

HTH,

Yufei

xie xie .. ai =.= wo tai jiu mei you da pin yin ..yao hao hao de fu xi/xue..

ahh, nevermind then... I suppose the sticking a sterene board between the beak, then sandig method is the most appropriate then..

Thanks!

David

Edited by konbini