Lucky Model has the Taiwanese Block 20 Viper from Kinetic

• 2 weeks later...
G'day,

So, can you build a US F-16B from this kit? I'd like to do a Navy Adversary in the 3 browns. Not a bad price!

TIA,

M

Yes, you can build it into USN standard.

ROCAF's F-16s are nothing more than a F-16A/B-15 OCU in appearence,

only with minor change like IFF antena ,RWR , chute-tail,and cockpit layout

Kinetic provide enough parts for you to eliminate those little change.

However,

Kinetic make it too thick on A/B style vertical tail root,

making it more like a shortenned F-16C tail than a F-16A tail.

So~~It's up to you.

My choice on F-16A/B is still HASEGAWA~~with a lot of conversion kits

Edited by roxin

Short answer; No, you can't build an accurate USAF F-16B from this kit.

The cockpit is of "C" standard, and not correct for an "A" or "B"

It should also be noted it has Block 40 wings and even though it has an F-16A vertical, the tail cap is the same as a late C/D model.

Check back for a previous post about this kit that Matt R. started, it was all explained there.

Curt

So Kinetic is out there producing F-16s, and their idea is pretty sweet. Take a jet and do its numerous interpretations. Pretty sweet. But I have a few Hasegawa F-16s, and Hasegawa is responding to Kinetic's challenge (though without the weapons). Side by side how do they look? Aesthetically how does the Kinetic kit stack up? Because I always feel weird about having a multiples of a subject but from different manufacturers. The Academy F-14 looks weird next to the HAsegawa.... Do you get what I am saying? Will they look okay next to each other if I went with a kinetic viper?

So Kinetic is out there producing F-16s, and their idea is pretty sweet. Take a jet and do its numerous interpretations. Pretty sweet. But I have a few Hasegawa F-16s, and Hasegawa is responding to Kinetic's challenge (though without the weapons). Side by side how do they look? Aesthetically how does the Kinetic kit stack up? Because I always feel weird about having a multiples of a subject but from different manufacturers. The Academy F-14 looks weird next to the HAsegawa.... Do you get what I am saying? Will they look okay next to each other if I went with a kinetic viper?

Dear lord NO!!!!

If you look around you'll find plenty of criticisms of the Kinetic kit, especially the early couple of releases (F-16AM/DJ) over the nose 'drooping'. Later releases have 'tweaked' the nose but for those who have spent thier adult life crawling over and in the F-16 airframe the Kinetic will NEVER live up to the Tamiya kit. But then again Tamiya (and until recently Hasegawa) has not done comparable versons to release, Tamiya and Hase do the USAF ones - Kinetic does 'foreign' ones.

I have one Tamiya one to do an Aggressor but the rest are Kinetics as the subjects I am most interested in building are OOB from Kinetic.

If you really want to hear the negative side of the Kinetic go to Zone Five Forums, that is where most of the 'Teen Fighter Mafia' went after the Kinetic Wars of the last year or so around here. BUT ....there are also some beautiful builds of the Kinetic kit over there.

Edited by Matt Roberts