Hi all.

Long time no post, I forgot my pasword and have been unable to get a new one till now.

Anyway, I am in love with Bell helicopters the 206 Longranger 4 was a long time favorate but that possition has been filld by the Bell 407.

I want, need and must have a Bell 407 model.

I picked up one of the recently released Revel Bell 206 Jet Rangers, nice kit, not too accurate but better then a kick in the nuts.

I'm not the best or most patient modeler in the world so I bashed this one together, I just wish they gave a high skid version.

0903150023.jpg

0903150024.jpg

0903150011Medium.jpg

0903150012Medium.jpg

0903150014Medium.jpg

0903150030Medium.jpg

0903150031Medium.jpg

Edited by Bell430
Hi all.

Long time no post, I forgot my pasword and have been unable to get a new one till now.

Anyway, I am in love with Bell helicopters the 206 Longranger 4 was a long time favorate but that possition has been filld by the Bell 407.

I want, need and must have a Bell 407 model.

I picked up one of the recently released Revel Bell 206 Jet Rangers, nice kit, not too accurate but better then a kick in the nuts.

I'm not the best or most patient modeler in the world so I bashed this one together, I just wish they gave a high skid version.

Bell 430,

Welcome back! Nice work on the 206. I too am surprised that there is not more interest in the 206 or 407's. I am in the process of completing my first rotorcraft - a 206. I have plans to build a 206 L4, and a 407, both used by my local state police. I am in the process of gathering information and reference materials, then will stock away the kits. Obviously, there will be much conversion work to do. I will be gathering the technical information on where to make the cuts, making the new doors for both versions, and the larger windows and body flare for the 407. I have received several great suggestions and ideas recently on which paths to follow to accomplish this. This is a great forum, and I look forward to seeing your progress. Perhaps we could share ideas, techniques and suggestions at getting these projects a little further that just the "idea stage". G'day!

David

Hi

Your Jet Ranger turned out very nice for someone that claims "not the most patient modeler". I like your paint scheme.

There is definetly a growing interest on this magnificient helo. I just bought the newly released Revell kit and a Long Ranger conversion will be a fun project to start.

Oliver

Very nice, I assume that is the 1/32 kit? I like the silver and blue scheme.

I am also amazed how little the civil versions of the 206 are represented, not even one Long ranger kit out there.

Hey.....great to have a fellow Kiwi here!

Looks great, I love the Jetranger. I too have the Revell kit to build.......after the BK-117, Bell 412......

Great job and like Oliver said, nice paint. C,mon I am sure you could bend up some high skids!

Great job, looking forward to more

Cheers

Anthony

Good afternoon!

I agree with the other fellas, nice build and nice paint. I'm also a Bell fan and it's nice to see Revell make the attempt. It would be really nice for someone out there (Tamiya are you listening?) to come up with a model of the most popular helicopter in civil aviation history. Maybe even the 407 and perhaps a 1/72 B737 too!

Cheers :crying2:

Keith :cheers:

Hi and many thanks to all for the kind replies, espescially like the paint scheme myself, I can see me having a real one dressed in a similar way.

I've vented many a time to the model shop guys about ta lack of civvie choppers and was told and models companies make kits for people to make their dreams.

I told him my dream is to have my own turbine helicopter, a nice Bell 407 or 206L4, stuff my family in there and go visit friends and family or see parts of the country in a day which would usually take a few days to cover, we could throuw the snow board in and be at the Mt in an hour instead of a 3.5 hour drive in traffic with road missiles (Other drivers) to worry about.

Anyway, Hooknladderno1 and Shark, I will be watching your conversions with interest, I will jump in where I can with any suggestions, but I am no expert, I do know a bloke here how owns 2 real 206 L1's and he has a hanger at Ardmore the local airfield and he has some other owners who rent space off him so there are at times 4 206's (2 Longrangers and 2 Jetrangers and there used to be a R44 as well) in the hanger, I know the owner well enough to get pics of his birds and he lets my 7 year old son sit in them from time to time, but I don't know him well enough to have an all access pass to the hanger, but some times, when the gods are smiling and the stars aline I get some nice chances to take walk arounds, usually I get these chances when I don't have a camera with me. Here is a pic of the hanger the last time I was there

0808310032Medium.jpg

This is my son, he decided to trade his bike in on a better mode of transport.

0808310030Medium.jpg

Aaronw, yes mate, that is the 1/32 kit.

Anthony, mate, if your 412 and 206 turns out anything near to the level of your 117 so far I'm just going to give up modeling.

I have posted pics of my other helo's, I have a completed

Huey in 1/32 (I built this about 7 years ago, si I don't remeber details about which kit or anything).

Picture002Medium.jpg

Die cast metal LAPD 206 in 1/32 (I know, it's die cast, but I was going to repaint it and then I saw the details and I couldn't bring myself to do so)

Picture011Medium-2.jpg

Picture010Medium-2.jpg

Picture012Medium-1.jpg

Bell 222 Airwolf in I think it's 1/48

Picture009Medium-1.jpg

Picture008Medium-2.jpg

Picture006Medium-2.jpg

Bell 206 Jet ranger in 1/48 as well.

Picture005Medium-1.jpg

Thanks all.

Kind regards

Jason