Entry#1, Me 262A-1a, "Red 2", 10./NJG 11

In the home stretch now, stickers applied. I've done some post shading with Tamiya Smoke and Buff. The Extratech decals were horrible to work with, tore very easily and didn't want to move once applied. I had to put a patch of red primer over the port side "2" to cover up where part of it came apart. We'll call it battle damage from a scrape with a Lancaster's tail gunner.

I used a 50/50 mix of Pro-Modeller Light and Dark for the underside panel line wash. I know a light wash really isn't accurate, but I like it from an artistic standpoint. My package from Squadron arrived today with my vac-u-form canopies so should have her done in a few days.

DSCN1973.jpg

DSCN1974.jpg

DSCN1975.jpg

DSCN1977.jpg

DSCN1979.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK, believe it or not the home improvment projects are done (for the time being) and I've had some time at the bench. Wasn't happy with the area in front of the cockpit so I'm going to re-do it. I'm hoping to have this one done by the end of the weekend.

DSCF0012.jpg

Isaac,

Sadly most of this kit is now residing in the garbage in part due to the crappy canopy. I tried using a Squadron vacuform and that didn't work out well either, just couldn't get it to fit right. That and I just wasn't happy with a couple of areas that were proving too much of a pain to fix. I did manage to salvage the resin nose section though.

The rest of this kit is pretty good, nice detail and goes together without too mich fuss. If you can come up with a decent canopy I think you'll enjoy the build. I'm going to do the their 262B which fortunately has decent clear parts.

Edited by The Mikester

Thanks, John. Actually two or three years ago I would have been happy with it but I'm trying to improve my QC a little and it just wasn't up to snuff. I'd taken a forced sabbatical from the bench for a few months and it showed. Only $6 down the tube so no great financial loss either.

Isaac,

Sadly most of this kit is now residing in the garbage in part due to the crappy canopy. I tried using a Squadron vacuform and that didn't work out well either, just couldn't get it to fit right. That and I just wasn't happy with a couple of areas that were proving too much of a pain to fix. I did manage to salvage the resin nose section though.

The rest of this kit is pretty good, nice detail and goes together without too mich fuss. If you can come up with a decent canopy I think you'll enjoy the build. I'm going to do the their 262B which fortunately has decent clear parts.

That sucks. I might give mine a go just for the hell of it.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm sorry for you if the window Revell is not good.

Your model is very beautiful and for this 2 red, the serial is the WNr 110603 Skz NQ+MA, a Me 262A-1a of 10./NJG 11, destroys February 17th, 1945 near Burg during a flight of school fees. Killed pilot.

I'm look your assembly with a lot of pleasure ... and good work Mike.

Alain

Isaac,

That is a real shame Mike....sorry .... :thumbsup: