isn't that one of the upgrade packages down by other countries..Indian or South African maybe??? I'll have to go through my refs.

Sean

EDIT: found it. it is indeed the Superhind MkIII built by Advanced Technologies and Engineering(ATE) based out of Midrand, South Africa. Algeria has had 40 modified like this, although that paint job looks like the company demonstrator.

there was a write-up about this in the Jan, 2008 Issue of Airforces Monthly, pg.76

Edited by martin_sam_2000
Just when we thought the Hind couldn't get any uglier.Looks like one of those ugly pig guards from star wars. Wonder what they would do to the Apache? Gary

HI

You nailed the description. That helo is just too cool in its ugliness. I d love to build that.

Oliver

was just thinking that, hope the have some room or help when landing...have an easier time looking over ww2 tail dragger's nose than that.

Just when we thought the Hind couldn't get any uglier.Looks like one of those ugly pig guards from star wars. Wonder what they would do to the Apache? Gary
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
isn't that one of the upgrade packages down by other countries..Indian or South African maybe??? I'll have to go through my refs.

Sean

EDIT: found it. it is indeed the Superhind MkIII built by Advanced Technologies and Engineering(ATE) based out of Midrand, South Africa. Algeria has had 40 modified like this, although that paint job looks like the company demonstrator.

there was a write-up about this in the Jan, 2008 Issue of Airforces Monthly, pg.76

Here are pictures of the Algerian ones:

http://www.s188567700.online.de/forum/view...c&start=180

Deino

Call me crazy, but I like the look of more and more stuff scabbed onto military aircraft. It makes them look more purposeful to me, somehow. The Apache looks like it was built out of Legos, but damn if it doesn't look like it could kill some tanks. The Bell JetRanger is a nice-looking helicopter, but I love the look of the Kiowa, with bumps and wire cutters and the MMS. It looks tough now.