CVW-8 embarked on the USS Enterprise - 2001

This airwing will be in 1/48 scale and will include an F-14A Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, EA-6B Prowler, and an S-3 Viking. If the E-2C comes out in time, I'll include that as well. The photos were taken using an Olympus C-60 point and shoot camera. The background is the material that banners are made of. Lighting was simply the shade of my front porch on a sunny day and then brightened in Photoshop.

This is the Revell F-18C Hornet that has been fully rescribed. CE dropped flaps have been added, as well as a Black Box cockpit. Markings are from CAM. I had spare landing gear from a gear up Hasegawa kit, so I added that as well.

valion1.JPG

valion2.JPG

valion3.JPG

valion4.JPG

valion5.JPG

valion6.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is the Revell F-18C Hornet that has been fully rescribed. CE dropped flaps have been added, as well as a Black Box cockpit. Markings are from CAM. I had spare landing gear from a gear up Hasegawa kit, so I added that as well.

valion2.JPG

Very impressive Darren! You've certainly come a long way with your knowledge of not only the Hornet, but also the things you need to fix on the kit that R/M omitted. (For example, the vents behind the canopy. These were an artifact from Monogram originally produced a model of Hornet #1, but somehow they R-M overlooked their removal on all the production jets.)

• 1 month later...