AIM loadout for the F-14A' first combat sortie

Hey Paul

We never used that pneumatic POS, it stayed in the AO4 box, it was all hand crank baby! I swear my arms still hurt to this day.

Reddog

What are you talking about? When loading the M61 with that pneumatic gun was good for at least the 7 or 8 rounds. Your right. POS!
you could load AIM-54C on the wing without the rail on the belly, because the AIM-54C did away with the need for coolant

Nice! - I think I have a loadout for a VF-2 'D...

(That is - modelwise, there is no difference between an AIM-54C and an AIM-54C+, right..?)

Cheers,

Andre

Awesome picture Rocky. Now I know how I'm going to do my VF-194 Tomcat. (definitally "what if")
You stole my joy Reddog! :P Gonna have to do a....... oh crap, I dont know. Fighter Town hasn't come out with the decals yet. Said he would.
I don't think this was an operational load out but more like a photo op, like the photos of Tomcats loaded with 6 Phoenixs.

Thanks, that's the clincher for me - I like to do operational loads, mostly.

Cheers,

Andre

Thanks Reddog and Paul, and all who contributed their opinion.

This has turned out to be more interesting than just trying to figure out which missile to stick on my tiny 1/144 Tomcat :thumbsup:

It's kind of like going to a knife fight and leaving your shotgun at home, you don't fight fair, you fight to win.

Good one Reddog!

I might leave the shotgun at home for the little Wolfpack. Not to worry, my next Cat will be carrying a big stick :cheers:

Giles