Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1, Wave 1/72 Tomahawk and Monster

all I can say is it's about damn time! I wondered why it took them so long to come around to a 1/48 VF-1 kit... it would be interesting to see if they follow up with a 1/48 Battroid kit.

until now, the only way to get the VF-1 in 1/48 MODEL form was the hyper-expensive and equally hard to find 1/48 Club-M Ultimate detail Strike Valkyrie kit, which allowed you to build the entire aircraft interior exposed. The kit was mostly resin with some white metal and photo-etched parts thrown in for good measure.

Edited by Skull Leader
all I can say is it's about damn time! I wondered why it took them so long to come around to a 1/48 VF-1 kit... it would be interesting to see if they follow up with a 1/48 Battroid kit.

until now, the only way to get the VF-1 in 1/48 MODEL form was the hyper-expensive and equally hard to find 1/48 Club-M Ultimate detail Strike Valkyrie kit, which allowed you to build the entire aircraft interior exposed. The kit was mostly resin with some white metal and photo-etched parts thrown in for good measure.

Or the Yamato 1:48 'Perfect Transform' VF-1.

Or the Yamato 1:48 'Perfect Transform' VF-1.

NOT a model kit, which is what we are talking about here.

Good to see Hasegawa finally go forward with this, even nicer would be to see it in there general international release range, but I am aware of why that probably won't happen. Hopefully they will go on to do some VF-1 variations as the VF-1 looks somewhat bare without fastpacks or boosters in my opinion.

Cheers

Tony

Ooooohhh yeaaaahh!! A 1/72nd scale Monster........gracious that will be large and expensive!!

I MUST HAVE ONE!!

Oops, my bad - the Monster is 1/100. Sorry - it will still be huge though.

Check out the articulation of the Tomahawk! Here's hoping that Has does an armoured battroid VF-1 in 72 or 48 like their VF-0.

Greg

Oops, my bad - the Monster is 1/100. Sorry - it will still be huge though.

Greg

Right you are ...1/100th - it's right there in the text. I jumped to a conclusion based on the placard of the Tomahawk.

macross.jpg

In any case, it will be a bigg'un. I remember the 1/160th Monster kit I had when I was a kid, and I'll swear that thing was almost a foot long!

EDIT: scaling down the dimensions given on Robotech dot com, we get this:

Depth: 22.1cm (without barrels), 41.1cm (with barrels)

Height: 22.5cm

Breadth: 24.0cm

Edited by RotorheadTX

What he said. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...