SA330 Puma Revell 1/144 Tiger Meet

This is my new project

The SA.330 Puma was originally developed by Sud Aviation to meet a requirement of the French Army for a medium-sized all-weather helicopter. The helicopter also had to be capable of operating by day and night as well as in a wide variety of climates.

In 1967, the Puma was also selected by the Royal Air Force (RAF) and given the designation Puma HC Mk.1. As a result of this decision, the SA 330 was included in a joint production agreement between Aerospatiale and Westland Helicopters of the UK.

The first of two Puma prototypes flew on 15 April 1965. Six pre-production models were also built, the last of which flew on 30 July 1968.

The first production SA 330 Puma flew in September 1968. Two years later, in 1970, Sud Aviation merged with Nord Aviation and SÉREB to form Aérospatiale, and the helicopter has been associated with that name ever since, though it still retained the "SA" (for "Sud Aviation") model designator.

On 25 April 1978, the SA 330J Puma achieved the distinction of becoming the first helicopter outside the (then) Soviet Union to be certified for all-weather operations, including icy conditions.

Production of the SA 330 Puma by Aérospatiale ceased in 1987, by which time a total of 697 had been sold.

The Puma was then replaced by an upgraded and improved version, the Eurocopter AS332 Super Puma.

Here what it coul do:

Using a laser printer and paper, I did the interior

sa330_puma_canon_4_of_6Small.jpg

DSC08053Small.jpg

After that I paint with XF57 (3:XF56 + 4:XF-2).

The result was this:

DSC08068.jpg

DSC08069.jpg

DSC08070.jpg

DSC08072.jpg

Some work on cockpit:

DSC08074.jpg

DSC08075.jpg

DSC08076.jpg

Edited by Lucas

Today I finish the interior, I replace the Control Stick by one made from sprue,

DSC08157Small.jpg

DSC08141Small.jpg

Seat belts with painted tamiya tape:

DSC08144Small.jpg

DSC08140Small.jpg

I did an small fire extinguisher made from sprue, need some work yet, the glue is visible....

Love the cockpit looks :D :whistle:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

A small pic with a coin, soon I´ll take onw with a dime coin...

DSC08158Small.jpg

Thanks to see :banana:

Some Little update

Close the fuselage and make a test fit of some parts. I´ll saw a door to make it opened.

Now the clear parts have a wash of future.

DSC08166.jpg

DSC08163.jpg

DSC08162.jpg

More soon...

thanks to see :cheers: :lol:

Thank you guys,

Yesterday I leave all the afternoon sanding and filling the fuselage, the Revell did not made this kit too good :),

John, the clear parts fits good, but the fuselage halves and the landing gear covers need a lot of sanding to get a good finish.

Ready to paint, I glued the doors with withe glue, to remove after painting, and protect the clear parts with maskol

DSC08257.jpg

DSC08256.jpg

Underside painting

DSC08265.jpg

DSC08263.jpg

DSC08260.jpg

An accident, when I heat the rotor blades to take it down, some of them broken, :coolio:. so I need to make a new one from scrath, using plasticard

DSC08266.jpg

The blades finish was good :D

DSC08267.jpg

The final finish, the first is that I made from plasticard.

DSC08269.jpg

Only this by today...

Thanks fot see ! :D :D

Thanks for the tip ice225,

Now a little update

I don´t like orange color, but this finish is so cool !

DSC08298.jpg

DSC08297.jpg

DSC08296.jpg

DSC08295.jpg

DSC08294.jpg

Only this by now, not having too much inspiration to work, the next step is to make the masks...

thanks to see :D

No, I think that the strips painted looks better :D

Well, given the quality of work on your 1/144 Ju 87, yeah, I'm thinking you can do a much better job than the effect the decals would give. I can't wait to see this one too!

Some updates,

I did a photocopy of decal sheet, and cut using a plotter needle, but the finish was not too good, so I decide to use the decals, with MicroSET and MicroSOL, I place the decals... the finish is going good..

DSC08484Small.jpg

DSC08487Small.jpg

DSC08486Small.jpg

DSC08489Small.jpg

DSC08488Small.jpg

DSC08485Small.jpg

Thank you guys :pray:

Hi sebastjan, yes, I tried to paint the strips with airbrush, but I can´t do a good mask (it is too much for my abilities :() , so I use the decal sheet, by the way with the MicroSET decal solution, the decals goes so good, and looks like painted.

Thank you Giovanni, you are a master on 144 :salute: :D, and about your hornet ? how goes the project ??

Best regards,

Edited by Lucas

Hi,

Some little updates, finish to apply the decals, and add some details.

I use a PE saw to remove a small window from the door, so I can put it opened on the model.

Add some color strips on rotor too..

It´s almost done !

DSC08554Small.jpg

DSC08556Small.jpg

DSC08551Small.jpg

DSC08550Small.jpg

DSC08558Small.jpg

DSC08561Small.jpg

DSC08567Small.jpg

DSC08572Small.jpg

Interior details:

DSC08564Small.jpg