Anyone building the Revell C-17?

Mine still looks like this : RR4044.jpg

but it is "on the bench" as in the dugout bench, so closer to being sprue-nipped than the poor kits waaaay out in the cold, dark garage. It probably has 3 or 4 ahead of it depending on random moods. Will probably start it near the *beginning of the year.

~ Tracy, most of my life in the shadow of McChord! In fact, when I was a kid I often convinced friends that we were required by law to leave our front porch light on at all times since it was a line-up point for the main McChord runway. It only took one pass of the ole' Starlifter overhead to make my ridiculous claim entirely believable, and I would suspect some poor grown-ups now still think it was true....

*note : i did not specify which year

Mine still looks like this : RR4044.jpg

So does my example, which I got as a surprise gift from Papa AB Hungary.

Now I just would need Hungarian/NATO multinational Heavy Airlift Wing markings for it. That's only way I'm going to do it.

Hi Jennings, if you look at my finished model you can see the markings are rather light against the airframe. I used the recommended paint which does match up with the Canadian standards. Still just using the big "Canada" as an example its rather faint.

IMGP9156.jpg

Hi Jennings, if you look at my finished model you can see the markings are rather light against the airframe. I used the recommended paint which does match up with the Canadian standards. Still just using the big "Canada" as an example its rather faint.

IMGP9156.jpg

May need to "scale effect" the color to lighten it up.

On a side note, I used Xtracrylix and MM enamel of the same color and MM was much lighter than the Xtracrylix (which seemed more accurate). Great way to do discolored panels, just use differend paint brands of the same fed spec.

Edited by drhornii

Mine is out of the stash and in the line to be built either next or just after that.

Not to derail the original thread, but to add to it:

Has anyone used the extended flaps from Wolfpack on this ?

If so, what was your experience with it ?

I have the set, but haven't even opened it yet to look at/dry fit it.

Thanks,

- Matt