Please spare a thought & prayer.

I know this chap thru a chum on Facebook,Anyway,Five yobs attacked Frank on his way home from the chippy after being in The Traf for a night out.Three men & two women.After knocking him to the ground,they stamped on Franks head & stubbed their fags out in his face.

Frank is'nt doing too well,he's in a coma & with possible brain damage.

The 3 yobs have been charged with Agrivated assault but when the other 2 on bail return,it may be Attempted murder.

Holidays4heroes have donated a break in Spain for Frank & June plus spending money for when he's better.

Get well wishes can be left here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=297940985439

http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/news/s/20589...n_after_assault

A FALKLANDS War veteran is fighting for his life after allegedly being attacked in Aldershot town centre.

Frank Clark, who fought in The 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment, suffered serious head injuries in the incident, which happened outside McDonalds in Union Street at about 1am on Sunday October 3.

Mr Clark, from Farnborough, was rushed to Frimley Park Hospital and remains in a critical condition.

Police have arrested a 21-year-old man and two 18-year-old women in connection with the incident. They have since been released on bail.

Friends of the ex-Para, posting on the Army Rumour Service (ARRSE) website, said he had been drinking with friends in The Trafalgar pub in Short Street, Aldershot, before making his way home alone.

They were horrified when they discovered what had happened to him.

One of Mr Clark’s friends contacted Holidays 4 Heroes to inform them of the injuries the 49-year-old has suffered.

The friend posted on ARRSE that the organisation, which supports serving and former service personnel and their families, has agreed to pay for Mr Clark and his wife to go on a holiday when the ex-Para is well enough.

The Trafalgar has started a collection to raise holiday spending money for the couple.

However, posting on ARRSE on Wednesday afternoon, a friend of Mr Clark’s said: “Frank was taken off all the machines yesterday.

“Sadly, all joy at this news was short-lived as he hasn’t responded well, is back on the ventilator and under sedation, and it looks like he will be moved to a London hospital as soon as he is stable.â€

Lorraine Graham, landlady of The Trafalgar, was very distressed about Mr Clark’s condition.

She said: “I can’t tell you what I honestly think about what has happened to him.

"All I will say is that he’s an ex-Para lad. The airborne brotherhood is far and wide.â€

The Trafalgar set up a page on social networking website Facebook, titled Get Well Frank.

Posting on there, friend Annemarie McCall wrote: “Frank, we hope that you recover well and fully.â€

Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information about the incident.

Contact Det Con John Gilliland at Aldershot police station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

...........In Englsih Criminal Law, attempt Murder is the crime of more than mereley preparing to committ

unlawful Homicide and at the same time having the intention to casue Death of Human Being under the Queen's Peace.

Just like many Countries Uk has a maximum possible period of time - usually between 7 to 50 years the prisoner may be incarcerated.

In UK the average sentence for Attempt Murder can be up to 15 years and of course that would be added to be serve concurrently to the aggravated assault , and depenidng on

the judge sitteing. this can also carry up to 8 years at most ....or even more....

I hope the Old Paratrooper Frank CLARK gets well soon and that he recovers from this horrific, gratuitous violent act and that

the offenders/Perps get the maximum sentence that they deserve....

HOLMES....

edit:typo.

Edited by HOLMES

Unfortunately their ain't a book big enough for these scum! only attack in gangs knowing full well that, in a one to one, they wouldn't stand a chance! scum of the earth!

I hope your regiment members get together ant take these scrotes round the "back of the bike sheds" and issue the sort of justice that only they will recognise... hopefully involving wheelchairs and incontinence bags!

Get well soon Frank

( Apologise for typing angry but in this case I have no choice)

Thanks peep's.

I believe the TLF (Tom's Liberation Front,a sort of unnoficial soldiers union) are keen to er,have words with the five.Aldershot being a garrison town,the five picked on the wrong bloke!Frank was'nt even drunk,He'd gone to the Traf for a few beers with mates, (the Traf's a soldiers pub & was on Sky TV's "Britian's toughest pubs) He'd lost his job in a oil refinery a few months before.

Unfortunatly,Frank's condition has got worse.They were going to move him to a London hospital to see a nurologist but have decided not to.

Yet another sickening tale of yob violence.

Unfortunately gentlemen, (especially our US friends), the reality in this country is that, no matter what you do, or what barbarities you indulge in, the law is slanted towards the criminal.

The people involved in doing this will, I assure you, be sentenced to no more than 5 years, (if that), and probably be out in 2 or less, free to carry on with what they will now see as a 'vendetta' against the poor block and anyone concerned with putting them away.

The law in this country is now a joke---they sentence people to 'life', (now there's a misnomer if ever I saw one!), and then happily state that they're getting 8 years or something! What 'life' sentence is that then? A gerbils?

The sad truth in this country now is that the Government, (whoever is in power), 'can't afford' to sentence them to more as they have not got enough prisons--they are constantly handing out cash compensations to criminals for 'cruel and unusual punishment' suits, and they don't pay prison guards enough so they can't get people to do the job.

In other words, they're a bunch of cheap-skate *****!!

It would not surprise me to hear that these people have had a nasty accident sometime---these 'hero's do this to an ex-para?

Whose going to back up these 'hard men' when some of his old mates come looking then?

And yes, I fully agree and support the bastards, including the females, getting there sick heads kicked in!

Then, maybe, they will get 'life'!

:banana:

They're keeping a low profile as I believe the TLF are keen to meet them for a 'chat'....

The's a lot of money being raised to send him & June to Spain when he's better.Holidays4Heroes have donated a week or so for him in LeTorre,accomodation as always kindly donated by the timeshare owners of the properties.

The Trafalger bar are also raising money to give them some spending/beer money too & the P Coy 10 Mile race is going off next week & the's a collection their also.

Frank was laid off not too long ago but I gather he has now got a new job which he was due to start when this happened.Thankfully the company are holding his job for him.

Yet another sickening tale of yob violence.

Unfortunately gentlemen, (especially our US friends), the reality in this country is that, no matter what you do, or what barbarities you indulge in, the law is slanted towards the criminal.

Sounds like Canada, in our country we have a Liberal Party who have more compassion for the criminals. The PC party wants to toughen crime but our eastern compatriots won't give them a majority.