Any news on the Trumpy 1/32 F-14D and F-18 E / F

The thing I hope for is that whomever built it doesn't know anything about what they were building and just glued fins from an Niner Mike to the front end of a Niner Xray and then glued it to the rails wrong.....

I don't recall the missile looking that far off when I saw the test shots at the Nats

That might be the explanation: the front fins of the Frankenmissile in the photo look about the right size and shape for the front fins of an AMRAAM (rather than an AIM-9M).

I know it might seem funny to us, but isn't one of the first rules when marketing a new product: presentation (especially first impressions) are key! Backwards canopies, mis-built missiles, etc give the sense that if they messed up the little stuff like this, what else is wrong? It would sort of be like submitting a resume with spelling mistakes. You might be a great candidate for the job, but you will never get it like that. I'm not saying the actual model will be bad, but when you are asking $230 for a model, I would spend an extra hour checking to make sure I built it right...

Sorry, but looking at the photo, despite the backwards canopy, I'm kinda jazzed about the kit. The research department knows howt he canopy fits. They make sure production makes it look right. Marketing is somebody's cousin. Booth setup is contracted out or someobody's cousin's sister. Not that recreational b**ching isn't a fun hobby.

Never mind that, what ever happened to Trumpeter's 1/32nd A-6E???????? It made it to test shot phase and we never heard of it again. Bring back the A-6!!!!! And yes that F-14D looks great, I am mad though because I scracthed a lot of that nose detail (open pannels, radar) and engines then put it aside and now here comes a perfect plastic version of my hard work! Bastards, and then want how much for it?

Was at the iHobby show...

The AV-8 Harrier in 1/32 will be forthcoming, The A^ has been put on hold...the reason its on hold>....the said they want to persue other options at this time and some things must be corrected with the prototype. So the A6 is a while off yet.

Both are supposed to be out in November in Asia and December here.

From the Stevens Int'l site

TSM-3203 1/32 F14D Super Tomcat Fighter (New Tooling) (DEC) $229.95 TBA

TSM-3204 1/32 F/A18E Super Hornet Fighter (New Tooling) (DEC) $229.95 TBA

Both are supposed to be out in November in Asia and December here.

From the Stevens Int'l site

TSM-3203 1/32 F14D Super Tomcat Fighter (New Tooling) (DEC) $229.95 TBA

TSM-3204 1/32 F/A18E Super Hornet Fighter (New Tooling) (DEC) $229.95 TBA

Strange, I pre-ordered my Trumpy Cat here in Germany for not more than 69 Euros including the shipping. Even at the current ridiculously favourable exchange rate of Euro to Dollar that is not even 100 USD.

Considering what the Trumpy Cat at least seems to offer in potential regarding scratch work and presenting the jet in more original ways I'm veeeeeery happy with the price.

Strange, I pre-ordered my Trumpy Cat here in Germany for not more than 69 Euros including the shipping. Even at the current ridiculously favourable exchange rate of Euro to Dollar that is not even 100 USD.

Considering what the Trumpy Cat at least seems to offer in potential regarding scratch work and presenting the jet in more original ways I'm veeeeeery happy with the price.

Ditto, the highest price I found for these kits in Europe, was 89 €.

Moduni list the trumpy F-14 at 102.50 Euro and Hannatas have it at £119.98 ..... A tad more expensive than 89 Euro.....where did you find that price?

There you go:

http://www.rl-onlinecenter.de/Shop/Modellb...89d6ad8e6962d0e

I just saw that they rose the price now by 10 Euros but anyway still no comparisson to what they want for the bird in the states as it seems.

There you go:

http://www.rl-onlinecenter.de/Shop/Modellb...89d6ad8e6962d0e

I just saw that they rose the price now by 10 Euros but anyway still no comparisson to what they want for the bird in the states as it seems.

Although i've a Tamiya F14A, i just ordered a Trumpy for 79€, couldn't resist (just like my wife who can't resist some fancy shoes in the shoe store, man now i know what a woman feels ;) )!!!!!

I hope i receive it under the christmas tree !!!!

Thanks for the link!!!

Luc

Edited by EagleDriver
Although i've a Tamiya F14A, i just ordered a Trumpy for 79€, couldn't resist (just like my wife who can't resist some fancy shoes in the shoe store, man now i know what a woman feels ;) )!!!!!

I hope i receive it under the christmas tree !!!!

Thanks for the link!!!

Luc

Just got word from them. I'll get mine within the next two weeks! :doh:

Up to now I can't complain. Really good communication.