Here is my progress so far, started this on the weekend, being a snap together kit it went together very quickly.

SMEnterprise1.jpg

I have since hit it with some Mr Surfacer to get rid of some seams since this picture was taken. Hope to get a base coat on it in the next week.

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I have the clear bits masked and a base coat on this one for a few weeks. I just can't get around to start the masking for the darker grey areas! Once I do get the motivation back it should be finished in no time!

Here's hoping I will get back to it soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Well it was a grey of some sort :jaw-dropping: Actually I tried a couple and the final shade was from a Humbrol can. I will have to try and find it and report back. The instructions weren't too clear on the shade to use.

I have seen quite a few buils in varying shades so I picked a colour that looked OK to me.

Will advise. Almost got the masking done for the darker grey.

Well it was a grey of some sort :thumbsup: Actually I tried a couple and the final shade was from a Humbrol can. I will have to try and find it and report back. The instructions weren't too clear on the shade to use.

I have seen quite a few buils in varying shades so I picked a colour that looked OK to me.

Will advise. Almost got the masking done for the darker grey.

Ray,

I generally use 36440 Flat Gull Grey for my TOS-era Trek ships. It looks right to me, and it adds a bit of a naval-aviation lineage to them, since that USED to be the main color of USN aircraft.

Mike

Finally time for an update, Shaun's prod worked :D

Mike, I checked the colour I used and it was indeed 36440. The instruction call for Light Ghost grey which did not look right.

So here are a couple of pictures of my magnificent masking job...

NCC1701SM1.jpg

NCC1701SM2.jpg

..and here are few after some paint applied and masking removed.

I managed to drop the model while removing the tape and had a warp nacelle separation. I was able to reattach it with little signs of the incident (fortunately).

NCC1701SM3.jpg

NCC1701SM4.jpg

NCC1701SM5.jpg

I found after removing the masking from the warp engine domes some sanding dust had got under the clear pieces. Not much I can do about it now, perhaps I can claim it is the swirl effect form the TV series!

As usual a few touch ups required and some detail painting to add before a final gloss coat and decalling.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

I am amazed that I finally got the stickers on! Yes I decided to use the stickers in the kit rather than the decals. They are a bit thick but look OK. All I need to do is to seal it all in a couple of coats of future to blend them in. The stand needs to have the painting finished.

So I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Should be clear coated tonight and some nicer pictures taken for the Finished build thread.

NCC1701AF_1.jpg

NCC1701AF_2.jpg

NCC1701AF_3.jpg

NCC1701AF_4.jpg