F-14B Loadouts

Hello all...

I am working on building BuNo 161435 of VF-103 CAG plane and was wondering where I could find a good list of weapons this plane would have carried during Operation Enduring Freedom. I have a source book, but cant find any info yet.. I'm also looking pics of her so I can paint her to match..

Thanks

osprey publications do 2 books (one each on OIF & OEF) in there range. Numerous phots, very well researched describing the loadouts and the tactical reasons for those loadouts. Without any references to hand (from where I'm typing this) did VF-103 drop during OEF? (i.e. did they do their tour pre or post OEF?). This would certainly dictate what A/G loadout they carried (did f-14s even carry any A/A post OEF??

if your post gets no better response than mine by the weekend i'll drop an update with the loadouts from the pubs. (I did work alongside an F-14D backseater here in the UK (VFA-2) who flew OIF who confirms the Osprey books are spot on)

osprey publications do 2 books (one each on OIF & OEF) in there range. Numerous phots, very well researched describing the loadouts and the tactical reasons for those loadouts. Without any references to hand (from where I'm typing this) did VF-103 drop during OEF? (i.e. did they do their tour pre or post OEF?). This would certainly dictate what A/G loadout they carried (did f-14s even carry any A/A post OEF??

if your post gets no better response than mine by the weekend i'll drop an update with the loadouts from the pubs. (I did work alongside an F-14D backseater here in the UK (VFA-2) who flew OIF who confirms the Osprey books are spot on)

Thanks.. I have the one for OEF and am goign to go back through it... From what I can tell they did but I am going to research it...

Thanks agian..

Better enjoy it while it lasts...meaning I have internet access today.

Here's a shot from the 2002 cruise for you, plus Reddog's link pretty much contains all you need to know.

Typical loadouts were 2 GBU-12's or 16's, 2 AIM-9L/M's, and the LTS pod, aka LANTIRN. Sometimes, 1 AIM-7 on the port wing glove pylon (as pictured here) would be loaded, otherwise the AIM-7 adapter would be left empty.

DSCN3987.jpg

Post OEF, VF-103 typically carried 2 GBU-12's, 1 AIM-9L/M, and LTS.

Edited by VFA-103guy
Hey Brian, bout time you showed up, I can't keep answering these Jolly Rogers questions. :cheers:

Good to hear from you again.

Reddog :wub:

Thanks Reddog!

I have a very weak internet connection at home at the moment, so I'm taking advantage of it while I can.. :)