New Paint on a F-18B

That's darned sharp. It'd certainly make a good-looking model.

I wonder, since VFA-125 isn't an adversary squadron, what is the purpose of a scheme like this? I'm thinking it could be to try out new potential schemes for combat units (this one might work well in the Afghan mountains), or do they just do it because it looks really, really cool?

:coolio:

Yea, but didn't the USAF go away from green schemes because of the "big green bird in a big blue sky" theory?

It still looks very cool!

Mark

Thought it mainly was because of heat, in the areas we have been in for the last some odd years.

This scheme reminds me of the old F-4 wraparound scheme.

Keith Diamond;;;;;;;;

Don't look like white to me, I believe that is sand.

I wonder, since VFA-125 isn't an adversary squadron, what is the purpose of a scheme like this?

:salute:

An FRS (like VFA-125) for strike/fighter aircraft has the mission (and, therefore, the associated syllabus) to train aviators in all aspects of their particular airframe, including how to 'fight' the aircraft - BFM 'Basic Fighter Maneuvering' or 'dog fighting'. Having various aircraft, each with unique paint schemes, helps with visual recognition/sorting for intercept, etc: e.g. "...I got the green one in the lead going between us; you take the brown trailer stacked high..." These guys will often do the basics within the squadron, and might not see a dedicated adversary bogie driver until late in the training program, or possibly not until they reach their first 'fleet' squadron.